Reputable Yamaha service in London

Nifkin

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm approaching my 6,000 mile service, and am wondering if anybody can recommend, from personal experience, a good Yamaha dealer in or around London who is not likely to try and rip me off? My 600 mile service was done by Rex Judd of West Hampstead, but the service charge seemed quite high (£180) and I had to return to the shop the following week to have the licence plate lamp housing replaced, as it was mysteriously damaged (or swapped?) whilst being serviced. Therefore, I'm a little put off using them again, so would appreciate hearing about alternatives. I live in NW London, but am interested to know about anybody good within/around the M25 area.

Cheers!

Niffy :Flash:

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
DON'T go to West London Yamaha. I now go to the dealer in Shepherd's Bush (Motorcycle Store, I think) and they seem OK when they can be bothered.

fatgary

Reaction score
Visit site
I only paid about 40quid for the 600mile service. Mines due 6k soon so I have booked it in for the Friday of the British Superbikes at Brandshatch Yamaha then I can spend a few hours watching practice while they service bike. They quoted me £180.

ranieri

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm approaching my 6,000 mile service, and am wondering if anybody can recommend, from personal experience, a good Yamaha dealer in or around London who is not likely to try and rip me off? My 600 mile service was done by Rex Judd of West Hampstead, but the service charge seemed quite high (£180) and I had to return to the shop the following week to have the licence plate lamp housing replaced, as it was mysteriously damaged (or swapped?) whilst being serviced. Therefore, I'm a little put off using them again, so would appreciate hearing about alternatives. I live in NW London, but am interested to know about anybody good within/around the M25 area.

Cheers!

Niffy :Flash:
Infinity Clapham High Street.
Ask for Dean and say Mr.Capitelli recommended you(he is very helpful).;)

Nifkin

Reaction score
Visit site
I only paid about 40quid for the 600mile service. Mines due 6k soon so I have booked it in for the Friday of the British Superbikes at Brandshatch Yamaha then I can spend a few hours watching practice while they service bike. They quoted me £180.

£40? With VAT? Wow. Mine was expensive coz they charged for 2 hours labour when I reckon they could've charged for 1 hour. So £40 for labour + oil + filter etc is amazing. Was this at BSB?

fiercertonks

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a bad experience at the Putney Yamaha place when I had a thundercat. They didn't have a part in stock, and when I went back to get the part fitted they tried to charge me more labour. My point was had they had the part when they found the faulty part, they could have fitted it there and then. I now have a fazer fz6 and I have booked my 6k service at fwr. They do tyres mostly, but I think they will do a good service too. There is a really bad place in east London near Mile end, but I have forgotten the name of the place. I found a mechanic pouring brake fluid using a home made funnel out of the wrapper from his lunch. I tried to explain that brake fluid must be kept clean, but he didn't speak English, "me no Eeenglish"

If I had the time I think I'd just do it myself...