Replacing a shift pedal

shpanky

Reaction score
Visit site
I just recently joined this forum, and have already asked a few questions as a result of a small spill I had over the weekend.

Unfortunately, the shift pedal is bent inward and difficult to shift, so I purchaesed and OEM replacement. My question is, once I get the replacement pedal, how do I remove the old one and replace with the new? I notice the one bolt I can unscrew in the middle, but there's then it's attached to the shaft-like piston at the top with no known way to remove it. Any advice, or should I really take this to service? Thank you!!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hopefully this will help (looks pretty easy)

20038_shiftshaft.gif

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just recently joined this forum, and have already asked a few questions as a result of a small spill I had over the weekend.

Unfortunately, the shift pedal is bent inward and difficult to shift, so I purchaesed and OEM replacement. My question is, once I get the replacement pedal, how do I remove the old one and replace with the new? I notice the one bolt I can unscrew in the middle, but there's then it's attached to the shaft-like piston at the top with no known way to remove it. Any advice, or should I really take this to service? Thank you!!

I think it would be the easiest to remove the main shifter bolt first (#17),pay attention to the order of the shims.

Then remove the 2 bolts (that rubber mount #23, the entire foot peg assembly) and remove the entire peg assembly, slipping the shifter and shifter rod thru the opening. One of the lock nuts are reverse thread (forgot which one).

Loosen the locknut, spin off the old shifter, spin on the new shifter (paying attention to how far onto the shaft the old one was), reverse procedure to assemble.

The shaft, once BOTH LOCKNUTS ARE LOOSE allow the adjustment for the shifter up and down by turning the long shaft..

Note: The 3 bolts may be locktited....

Last edited:

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
And once you have the rearset off, flip the rubber washers so the rubber is towards the rearset not towards the screw.

Tons better!