Replace crankcase cover

[email protected]

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello.

A few weeks ago I dumped my bike and scraped the right side up pretty good and now I want to try and replace my crankcase cover and the long frame bolt and nut that is right above the cover. Has anyone done these replacements before and would like to share their knowledge? It would be great to get the torque specs too?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Pablo

razteo

Special Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My local dealer charges $45 for labor to replace the crankcase cover & the gasket, and is done in less than 1 hour.
I asked if is OK to buy mine online & bring it in, they said no problem.
I guess an independent mechanic can do it for less.

see here how much are the parts for your bike: Ronnie's Mail Order for atv parts, atv tires, snowmobile, watercraft and motorcycle featuring an OEM microfiche parts finder.

I had scratched mine 2 weeks ago & need to be replaced now, but I'm not in a rush. From experience I knew that not knowing the torque specs I am in danger of over tighten it, or have leaks.
I didn't check the Service Manual yet, probably you will find all the torque specs there.

Good luck.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It not real hard to change out.

Took me maybe 45 minutes and I hadn't R&R'ed one on this bike. There is a sensor inside the cover that I recall has to be transferred over to the new cover,,, You will need some soft sealer(besides a new side cover gasket) for where the wire's/rubber boot go into the engine...

The engine mounting bolt(at least on my 07) is short, it doesn't go all the way thru.

If you down load a manual (free) on this website it explains it all...

I have a 07 manual as a PDF file if needed..

Scott

Last edited:

fazed

Reaction score
Visit site
Pablo, do you mean the timing rotor cover on the right side of the bike as you are sitting on the bike. It has 7 bolts with a disk in the middle. I replaced mine a while ago (before joining the forum). I got the new cover from my local dealer but cannot remember how much it was. I have a Haynes manual that I have scanned. As per the manual the torque settings are.
Timing rotor cover bolts. 12Nm
Crankshaft position sensor bolts. 10Nm
This is for the Oz model Fazer 04 to 08, hope it helps.