Votes: 15 37.5%
  • other

Votes: 7 17.5%

• Total voters

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
I never really noticed the awkward angle the stock bars come back toward you until I started riding this season. I'm just looking for a replacement that is a little wider than stock and has less of a rearward bend. I don't think I would mind the riding position being a little more aggressive. I've been looking around and the rizoma's and the renthal's are both nice just cant decide on which to go with I also plan on getting rizoma grips and bar ends at some point.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
TBH I'd never heard much of Rizoma,so I can't comment on what they're like,other than it looks like quality gear.
Renthal on the other hand,I've fitted to loads of my bikes and the quality and strength of them is second to none.They've been building bars for motorsport use for years so thats my choice for the Ultra lows I'm getting :thumbup:

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Love my Renthal low rise bar. Inexpensive and very comfortable.
No need to drill holes in any bar, btw.. just grind the little plastic tabs off on stock controls.. they are totally unnecessary.

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
TBH I'd never heard much of Rizoma,so I can't comment on what they're like,other than it looks like quality gear.
Renthal on the other hand,I've fitted to loads of my bikes and the quality and strength of them is second to none.They've been building bars for motorsport use for years so thats my choice for the Ultra lows I'm getting :thumbup:

Rizoma quality is pretty good, but for my fender eliminator kit they didn't include a manual so I was at it for hours lol!
bars don't need a manual I'd think tho :rolleyes:
good stuff anyway.

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
I debated this choice for a while too. In the end I went with the Rizoma bars because they come in black. I couldn't be happier with them.

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
Rizoma quality is pretty good, but for my fender eliminator kit they didn't include a manual so I was at it for hours lol!
bars don't need a manual I'd think tho :rolleyes:
good stuff anyway.

I installed my rizoma fender eliminator at the same time as my m4 exhaust so with the whole back of the bike taken apart it seemed kind of straight forward to me but I always have been good at stuff like that.

zamolxes

Reaction score
Visit site
and we're all tied up 5-5 I'm starting to lean toward renthal

Have you checked the suburban? I had them on mine for a full year and are the lowest possible(flat plane bars), plus angled as a clip-on. I only took em off cause I kinda finished the clip-ons mod and will give this a try.

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I installed my rizoma fender eliminator at the same time as my m4 exhaust so with the whole back of the bike taken apart it seemed kind of straight forward to me but I always have been good at stuff like that.

well it made 0 sense when I came home from work :p
I already had the akrapovic exhausts on, so I had no idea what to do.
thanks to some forum members, and your pics I finished it :thumbup:
But considering the quality, its A+.

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you checked the suburban? I had them on mine for a full year and are the lowest possible(flat plane bars), plus angled as a clip-on. I only took em off cause I kinda finished the clip-ons mod and will give this a try.

I don't want to have too aggressive of a ridding position because my right wrist kills me when I put to much weight on it for to long. If I could stand riding with clip-ons I would have bought the cbr600 I found real cheap about a month before I found my fz.

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
I got the renthal bars installed with the rizoma grips and bar ends. I had to grind down the left side a little to get the grip to slide over the method of mounting the bar ends is ridiculous I expected better from rizoma. The only problem is the throttle assembly wont stay tight now and wants to twist and slide on the bar. Any suggestion on fixing this?

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've just ordered rizoma bars, sportline grips and bar ends.

Hopefully they get here next week - I'll let you know how I like them ;)

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the grips the rubber part is softer than my old pro grips and the contour on the inside make them more comfortable in my had but I haven't had a chance to ride with them yet because it rained and the whole throttle assemble turning on the bars problem I'm having. I will get some pics up.

sleepymas

Reaction score
Visit site
i have pro taper bars and so far i like those, just need some better bar ends, right now they are filled with bb's to help with vibes but i am getting used to it.:thumbup:

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
well I kind of forgot about my thread. I think I might have to get heavier bar ends at some point because the vibrations a high rpm make my throttle hand go numb. I got the throttle assembly to stop spinning with a couple layers of double stick tape on the bars. Other than that I call the point of the mod a success.

and here's the pics.