Renthal Handlebar + HVMP bar ends + Oury grips

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
nice mod... looks good im envious.
say a guy would like to put the medium renthal bar on there instead of the low bar, bring the bars up a bit more... do you think there was enough cable/housing to make the extra height of the mediums?
thanks
There will easily be enough. I used the Renthal HIGH bars and they were okay. I had to remove the cable ties and adjust the brake line though.

Johny Bravo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello!
I have a Question...
Where can I find Extra Heavy bar ends for my 2005 FZ6 for my stock handlebar?
And to Erci, dude, does it feel more comfy with heavier bar ends? Do it worth to change only my bar ends with heavier, because I`m okay with my stock handlebar?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello!
I have a Question...
And to Erci, dude, does it feel more comfy with heavier bar ends? Do it worth to change only my bar ends with heavier, because I`m okay with my stock handlebar?

Honestly, I very much doubt you'll feel any substantial difference if you go with slightly heavier bar ends. Stock ones are quite heavy.
If you're sticking with stock bar, I would recommend replacing stock grips (much cheaper than getting new bar ends and I think you'll notice more difference)

Mr_McBride

The Cartographer
Reaction score
Visit site
There will easily be enough. I used the Renthal HIGH bars and they were okay. I had to remove the cable ties and adjust the brake line though.

I have the same setup, Renthal high road bar. All of the cables will reach. The front brake line will the be tightest. I had to modify the mount for the horn in order to free up some room for the brake line. I will order a longer brake line when I get around to upgrading to steel braided brake lines. It will work stock, though. You just have to a zip tie to hold the brake line in a more centralized location so that it doesn't get pinched at full lock turn to the right.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same setup, Renthal high road bar. All of the cables will reach. The front brake line will the be tightest. I had to modify the mount for the horn in order to free up some room for the brake line. I will order a longer brake line when I get around to upgrading to steel braided brake lines. It will work stock, though. You just have to a zip tie to hold the brake line in a more centralized location so that it doesn't get pinched at full lock turn to the right.
Lol. EXACTLY what I did! :)

Now I have braided lines I was able to route them differently so that there is loads of slack. It just moves around more with the bars. I routed some of the cables behind the forks and others slightly differently. Some of them are stretched nearly to max on lock now with bar risers and the high road bars. But I can use the stock horn and the motrax hootaz at the same time now the brake line is routed differently. I'll have to post up pics of how I did it later. It's not any longer than stock, but you can place it differently so it doesn't stretch on lock.

Basically , I found that the important things when doing this is to check the cables aren't stretch on either lock or in the centre position and also that they don't get pinched.

Mr_McBride

The Cartographer
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol. EXACTLY what I did! :)

Now I have braided lines I was able to route them differently so that there is loads of slack. It just moves around more with the bars. I routed some of the cables behind the forks and others slightly differently. Some of them are stretched nearly to max on lock now with bar risers and the high road bars. But I can use the stock horn and the motrax hootaz at the same time now the brake line is routed differently. I'll have to post up pics of how I did it later. It's not any longer than stock, but you can place it differently so it doesn't stretch on lock.

Basically , I found that the important things when doing this is to check the cables aren't stretch on either lock or in the centre position and also that they don't get pinched.

I was just following your lead. I liked your setup and the notes on your site, so I decided to follow your lead...

metz

Reaction score
Visit site
So, is this Renthal Ultra Low Road Handlebar aggressive enough to put more of my body forward? I came from an 02 R6 and this FZ6 riding position blows. It kills my a**. 30 min or riding and i'm numb. Tried the after market comfort seat, that helped a bit, but i just have a boney a**. I'm thinking if I can get more angle leaning forward, I will be better. I read somewhere there is 1/2 inch different, is that a lot?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, is this Renthal Ultra Low Road Handlebar aggressive enough to put more of my body forward? I came from an 02 R6 and this FZ6 riding position blows. It kills my a**. 30 min or riding and i'm numb. Tried the after market comfort seat, that helped a bit, but i just have a boney a**. I'm thinking if I can get more angle leaning forward, I will be better. I read somewhere there is 1/2 inch different, is that a lot?

They are much more *aggressive* than stock, but they are not even close to clip-ons. You'll still be upright.
They're lower and straighter, but if you're after full-on sport bike position these won't cut it.

metz

Reaction score
Visit site
They are much more *aggressive* than stock, but they are not even close to clip-ons. You'll still be upright.
They're lower and straighter, but if you're after full-on sport bike position these won't cut it.

Thanks for replying. I don't know how far forward I need to go, just need to get off my bum. I will just have to find a set and try it out.

Thanks!

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Try HVMP. See my post about the review I posted about it.

Hello!
I have a Question...