Remus Revolution!!

DMorck

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been holding back for some time on getting an exhaust as the sound of my CBR's LOUD tone is still ringing in my ears. I definitely didn't want to get another one to wake the neighborhood. I've read a few reviews on these and when the deal came up at pipecity.com for $500, I couldn't pass it up. :rockon:

The fit and finish on these are excellent. I really like that this uses a bracket rather than the usual clamps on most slip ons. Just makes for a cleaner rear end.

The sounds is perfect. Just enough that wife didn't notice I put it on. However, get on it and you get to hear more of that sweet engine. As to how much seat of the pants feel is better, it's hard to say. I feel it is more responsive but that may just be me getting on it more because I like to hear it.

I would highly recommend these to anyone looking for a great exhaust wi

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
They look and sound great! Had the same ones in carbon fiber :) In my opinion one of the best exhaust options for the FZ6.

Shiloh

Squire to Lord Bouche
Reaction score
Visit site
Does the Remus systems replace the cat pipe on the 07-09's or leave it in place?

hangerbum

Reaction score
Visit site
According to their website you have to order PN 0130-994103\n to get rid of the cat. They look like a nice option for budget riders like myself. I just bought an 07 with 1,723 miles on it and I want soo badly to make it a little louder.

Shiloh

Squire to Lord Bouche
Reaction score
Visit site
According to their website you have to order PN 0130-994103\n to get rid of the cat. They look like a nice option for budget riders like myself. I just bought an 07 with 1,723 miles on it and I want soo badly to make it a little louder.

Ditto no cat eliminator included which is what I wanted. Pipe City Cs gal was extremely helpful, to the extent she was able to understand the FZ 6 configuration and check out a Remus set to verify that only the Y pipe and the cans, no cat replacement was included, oh, they ship with Db killers also.

Just ordered a set in carbon 10 minutes ago. Anyone want a set of carbon leo's with very low mileage? I thought that the Leo's didn't eliminate the cat, but they do, and I'm getting beat up real seriously about it.

DMorck

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the club my brother! The few, the select few on this forum.

Thanks man! I'm glad I waited for these but I am sure I would have been happy with many other ones as well. I do like that there are just a few out there since there are many Fizzers on the road, I like that mine is a bit unique.

I read your post a few times when considering it and I think your review was what finally convinced me to get them.

A truly sweet exhaust!

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
I almost bought those untill I got an awesome deal on the leo's in titanium. I didn't know those came with db killers. The more I look at them the more I like the style of these over the scorpions.

ginster vr6

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone want a set of carbon leo's with very low mileage? I thought that the Leo's didn't eliminate the cat, but they do, and I'm getting beat up real seriously about it.

Dibs!!!! PM Sent:rockon:

Last edited:

Shiloh

Squire to Lord Bouche
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, the Pipe City people had the Remus system delivered on Tuesday evening.

I had already removed the Leo Vince system as a forum member wanted them, so the installation was a nothing task.

So, why the post?

Most people don't purchase and have two systems available for comparison/analysis at the same time. So, here is my take.

Remus System:

Include everything needed to install without removing the Factory cat pipe, removable DB Killers, and a optional cat elimination pipe. Pipes are held in place by band clamps with the cans being mounted via a bracket assembly (pictures to follow). Material is SS and polished SS at that. Very, very high quality fit, finish with typical Germany/Austrian high
level engineering and design (Think BMW) . A superb system.

Negatives for the Remus would be that the pipes are smaller diameter that the Leo Vince system and probably have a slight flow disadvantage. Less HP improvement. Additionally the DB KIllers are retained in place Via a Pop Rivet which makes removal / re-installation more effort that the DB Killers held in place with a bolt/screw attachment. Remus badge is riveted on the cans and hence cannot be removed without leaving holes.

Leo Vince:

Includes everything needed to install without the factory Cat pipe as it must be removed. Pipes are larger in diameter that the Remus system, quality of the components is also high, with SS pipes, and with a more modern / current cone end design on the cans. Db Killers are held in place via a bolt making for easy removal / re-installation. Fit is good as is finish,but not of the same level as the Remus system. Also the engineering is certainly up to the task at hand, but not at the same level as Remus. The badges on the cans are removable as they are held in place with adhesive. Probably has a slight edge over the Remus in the HP department due to the larger pipes and the less acute angle used in the Y pipe to connect the two cans to the single pipe. (The Remus Y pipe is a 90 degree Y.)

Negatives:

Not as easy to install as the springs don't allow the degree of control in positioning things as the Remus clamps provide, nor do the band clamps on the LV cans position as well as the bolt and brackets on the Remus system. Pipe finish is good, but lower quality than the polished Remus finish. A neutral is the LV cans are mat carbon, the Remus cans are gloss carbon

Summary: Remus is the higher quality, and Leo Vince is the better price performer. Both are very good, but for me, the Remus system has the advantage and is worth the difference.

RemusMountingBracket.jpg

RemusPipeFinish.jpg

RemusEndViewAlignment.jpg

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
One way to think about the rivited "Remus" plate, higher quality than a sticker which may eventually fade due to the heat. But again, your stuck with the plate like it or not.

Thanks for the post, and it was a novel idea to compare the two.

How was the sound between the two?

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Additionally the DB KIllers are retained in place Via a Pop Rivet which makes removal / re-installation more effort that the DB Killers held in place with a bolt/screw attachment.

They usually include screws as well as new rivets. I simply drilled out the rivets before I installed the cans, and used the screws whenever I wanted the dB-killers in.

Shiloh

Squire to Lord Bouche
Reaction score
Visit site
How was the sound between the two?

I didn't include any sound comparison since sound is so subjective and I used the factory cat pipe with the Remus, an a cat elimination with the Leo Vince.

But since you asked, here goes nothing:

Remus With DB Killers and cat is not loud at all, but a very nice sound. A deep resonate growl, not unlike the sort of sound you would expect from a high performance sport car from the likes of Ferrari or Lamborghini, with similar volume.

The Remus with DB Killers removed but factory cat in place has a sound volume at least doubled but without any difference in the character of the sound. Just much more of the same. Volume a bit higher than the Leo Vince with DB Killers in / cat removed, would be my estimate.

The Remus with the cat eliminator in place I can't comment on as I haven't tried any combination using it.

Leo Vince with DB killers in has a sound quality similar to the Remus, but not as deep or resonate, and removing the DB killers doubles the volume or a bit more. More of an rougher, edgier sound from the Leo Vince's than the Remus system.

I hope this "analysis" is meanful and understandable, as well as responsive to your question.

Andy

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
I almost bought those untill I got an awesome deal on the leo's in titanium. I didn't know those came with db killers. The more I look at them the more I like the style of these over the scorpions.

They are nice cans,but they look identical to the old style scorpions ;)

tomari

Just a custom user title!
Reaction score
Visit site
i would be pleased to hear even a subjective sound recording of the remus system. if its not trouble for you please post!
thanks!

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I assumed the Leos could be installed with or without the cat elim pipe. Is this not the case?