Removing Bar Risers

abszero7

Reaction score
Visit site
So when I purchased my FZ6 about a year ago the previous owner put on 1" up and back bar risers. I was wondering if I would have to do any modifications to restore the bike back to its stock condition like anything related to the cables or the reservoirs. The mounting is straight forward as the Riser uses the stock mounting plate and sits in the previous handlebars stock resting place.

DeepBlueRider

Reaction score
Visit site
Most likely you will be fine with going back stock. IMHO original cables have enough slack to allow going up 1".

When you will remove raisers check if clutch and throttle works as it should in all positions (left, right, center) and visually inspect cable routing.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Also, make sure you have the original bolts as the risers usually change out at least two of the four bolts.

There's also a retainer on the lower triple for the brake line that sometimes needs modification/removal for the risers. You may want to check that too..

*The bike (especially the seating position) will feel very different that what you used to BTW.. :thumbup:

J_Slyter

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on checking the bolt length. We moved a set of bar risers from my son's FZ1 when he bought that over to my wife's FZ1. I seem to recall that when we were putting his bike back to OEM that the bolts were too long, so we had to swap those also.