Removed the rear plastic

J

jesse_sanders

uploadfromtaptalk1459629972519.jpguploadfromtaptalk1459629987008.jpguploadfromtaptalk1459630002793.jpg

I'm liking it. What do you guys think? Excuse the dirtyness. Hasn't been warm enough to get the hose out yet

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not a fan. Looks like the pipes stick way too far out. The plastic helps extend the body enough that the pipes stay in proportion.

J

jesse_sanders

I have to agree with you, the cans do stick out quite a bit. But I think the plastic looks cheap and chincy. I like that you can see more of the bike with it gone

Last edited by a moderator:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with beatle, looks like your missing a part but if you like it, leave it!

I can see a good part of my Scorps but all the plastic is still there:

Last edited:
J

jesse_sanders

Man. I must be the black sheep of the bunch. If I could find something to do with the wiring I'd lose the pods on the sides as well.

Naked Stella

Reaction score
Visit site
Just the thread that I was hunting for... [MENTION=27418]jesse_sanders[/MENTION] Do you have a pic for about 10-15 feet away of the side? I love the naked look of the FZ6 on the front and middle (motor area) of the bike.. But when it gets to the tail section the bike is just so damn cluttered.. It's like Yamaha put all this effort into the bike and then got to the back and said, eh F* it...

I've been hunting for ways to make the tail look sleeker like the newer FZ's... For example the Aprilia Shivers have a tail similar to the FZ, and their owners take the sides off the tail and it looks 10X better... Can you get me a pic of the side from a distance?

Last edited:
J

jesse_sanders

Just the thread that I was hunting for... [MENTION=27418]jesse_sanders[/MENTION] Do you have a pic for about 10-15 feet away of the side? I love the naked look of the FZ6 on the front and middle (motor area) of the bike.. But when it gets to the tail section the bike is just so damn cluttered.. It's like Yamaha put all this effort into the bike and then got to the back and said, eh F* it...

I've been hunting for ways to make the tail look sleeker like the newer FZ's... For example the Aprilia Shivers have a tail similar to the FZ, and their owners take the sides off the tail and it looks 10X better... Can you get me a pic of the side from a distance?
I had the same thought about the tail section man. It's like the got to the back and ran out or budget or something.

I'll try and get some pictures for you this weekend brother :)

Naked Stella

Reaction score
Visit site
I think it would help a lot if you could bring the tips in about 3-4".. I'm out of state so I can't strip mine and see what it looks like, but I've been seriously thinking of modding an older R1 tail to fit and then running a different exhaust setup just to clean up the tail section.... Thanks for trying to get more pics boss!