Reliability never gets old

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After almost 4 years, I still enjoy pushing the start button and having my bike just fire right up :cheer:.

No messing with a choke, or dead battery, or even forgetting to open the stupid petcock. My first two bikes were unreliable as heck, and even getting to work in the morning was always an adventure. It was a crap shoot what was going to go wrong on a particular day, and it was always something different. It's nice to have a grown-up bike that just works.

Anyone else have the same satisfaction?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
After almost 4 years, I still enjoy pushing the start button and having my bike just fire right up :cheer:.

No messing with a choke, or dead battery, or even forgetting to open the stupid petcock. My first two bikes were unreliable as heck, and even getting to work in the morning was always an adventure. It was a crap shoot what was going to go wrong on a particular day, and it was always something different. It's nice to have a grown-up bike that just works.

Anyone else have the same satisfaction?

Its a nice song when the buttons pushed and t comes to life every time! :thumbup: I only did 4500miles last year and the only issue was mine when I accidentally toggled the KILL switch to off and shock my head in disbelief when it failed to respond to rider input. :rolleyes:

Nice to hear good stories as so many only write for help. . .

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
i threw the battery back into the bike after 2 months being out and it fired right up! :thumbup:

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
im loving my fz6 for the fact its so reliable and comfortable...cant say the same about my old 98 ninja 250 :(

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
I think a good majority of yamaha's are that reliable.
my yzf600r was BEAT TO HECK and it was a 95, ran like a raped ape and started every time :thumbup:

famous556

TV4 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
While my KLR has never been unreliable, it does take a ton of choke and some prayer to get it to start on a cold morning. FZ6 doesn't care on the other hand, as long as it has gas and battery power.

Chantal

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree about the reliability of the FZ6...my Kawasaki EX500 and ZZR600 were not always so willing to cooperate!

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
While my KLR has never been unreliable, it does take a ton of choke and some prayer to get it to start on a cold morning. FZ6 doesn't care on the other hand, as long as it has gas and battery power.

The FZ6 seems even more eager to start on when it's cold :rockon:

William

Reaction score
Visit site
I’ve had terrific luck with Yamaha motorcycles when it comes to reliability and ease in maintenance. My KL250 trail toy on the other hand is rugged, but it’s a cold blooded and temperamental little booger. I like it a lot, but wish I’d held out for an XT250.

DeusEx

Reaction score
Visit site
I totally agree...
My fz6 naked 2005 has almost 120.000 km on it and never complained.
Still makes me smile :D

banjoboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Dunno 'bout these here FZ6s (Haven't bought one yet, but am look'in) I dun had me a '77 XS750 w/ 88K, and she never complained.
An FJ1200 w/ 96K, and she never complained.
An FZ1 w/ 50K and she never complained.
And now I have an FJR1300 w/ 47K I ride hard (most everyday) 'n put away wet, and she never complains.
Yamaha s have bean very, very, very gude too me! :BLAA:

Darth Fazer

formerly Anakin StarRider
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had an example of every Japanese motorcycle & after my experience with my Road Star & FZ6, I've got to say that Yamahas are the best! :thumbup: They just seem to have much better fit-and-finish than the other Asian makes. Hondas are pretty good, but they like to make things way too complicated. Kawasakis aren't bad, but just seem a little rough-around-the-edges. Suzukis seem to have very poor metallurgy; every bolt strips or rounds the head off by just taking them out.

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
Im on my 5th Yamaha for a reason. I just cant change. I ride all year round and there is no better felling then getting to work in the morning when it is -3c, and hearing of colleagues who couldent make it in becuase it was to cold for the car / bike to work!

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
I had my bike sitting in the garage for 3 months. didnt take out the battery or put it on a tender. Mind you this is Wisconsin in winter where it got below 0Ffor at least a few days. went out last week, put the key in turn it, and pressed the Button. started right up. not even a hick-up.

FZ6_POP

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree! I used to have a Laverda Ghost 650 and owning an FZ6 is a completely different experience! Its nice to go over bumps without the bike cutting out lol. Say no to Italian bikes! :ban:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I sure do agree the FZ6 is a super reliable motorcycle. I have had no problems with my 07 at all except a battery. Burned it out trying to follow Vegas Rider and Lone soldier last summer. :BLAA: There is nothing finer than firing up our bikes and setting out on a ride. No matter if its to work or just a fun ride. Smiles all the way. :thumbup:

D

Dave.TX

This topic and subsequent posts are one of the reasons I got an FZ6. Reliability is paramount with these bikes, they just run and run and run and run...

I had an 89 Honda 250R Fourtrax that ran in the sand dunes of SoCal. Just add premix gas and go, never had a problem and flogged the heck out of it. This Yamaha reminds me of that. Just put gas in and go!

:noworries: