Recommended Aftermarket exhaust systems

Neron

Reaction score
Visit site
As a newbbie in this forum (and FZ6 owner for that sake..) I am pleased to find lots of information on every subject relating our beloved bikes.

I live in Bogotá, Colombia at 2600 meters over sea level (m.o.s.l.), therefore, my FZ struggles to breathe well.... don´t get me wrong, the bike still "hauls ass", but it is a proven fact that any combustion engine looses about 10% of it´s power every 1000 m.o.s.l. it operates at, therefore Im using mine at about 75% of its potential.

I´ve been reading for a while and I have found that the best way to improve the bike´s breathing is changing its air filter to a high flow K&N unit, and changing its exhaust system.

I´d imagine that many of you are tired of the same question, but my concern is to find out which is the best aftermarket system. Personaly I like the looks of the Two Bros, but what i´ve read from several users and they all agree that the system is too loud. Im looking for good looks, "enjoyable sound", and good bang for the buck.

Any suggestions?? thank you guys!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
F

FZSex

Re: Best Aftermarket exhaust system

As a newbbie in this forum (and FZ6 owner for that sake..) I am pleased to find lots of information on every subject relating our beloved bikes.

I live in Bogotá, Colombia at 2600 meters over sea level (m.o.s.l.), therefore, my FZ struggles to breathe well.... don´t get me wrong, the bike still \"hauls ass\", but it is a proven fact that any combustion engine looses about 10% of it´s power every 1000 m.o.s.l. it operates at, therefore Im using mine at about 75% of its potential.

I´ve been reading for a while and I have found that the best way to improve the bike´s breathing is changing its air filter to a high flow K&N unit, and changing its exhaust system.

I´d imagine that many of you are tired of the same question, but my concern is to find out which is the best aftermarket system. Personaly I like the looks of the Two Bros, but what i´ve read from several users and they all agree that the system is too loud. Im looking for good looks, \"enjoyable sound\", and good bang for the buck.

Any suggestions?? thank you guys!!!

alanandtonya.com click my journal, scroll down a lil bit. :thumbup:

Short version - if you get the two bros, you can always make and add an insert to quiet them down. Made mine perfect

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site

If you like the look, go for the Two Bros. DB inserts will make them a bit quieter as well, and you can also repack them, and from what I have read, this does make them much tamer sounding.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site

IMO:

Best sounding exhaust: 2 Bro's
Best looking exhaust: Laser Quads
In terms of performance they all will need a PCIII with custom map to gain anything worthy.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to give my vote for the Akrapovics

IMG_2250.jpg

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Two Brothers everytime...They are freakin loud, your neighbours will hate you, people will shake their head at you, cars will move out your way, and police will give you special attention...until you put the P1 dB killers in, and then they are perfect...so you get naughty & nice, all in the one pipe.

They look great too, and build quality is superb.

:thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Akrapovics, you can make them stock quiet or remove the DB Killers and make the LOUD!