Reclaim North Wales

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
I used to live in Cheshire and we had a holiday home in Abersoch so I drove through North Wales regularly. I racked up 9 points in 12 months due to the Mad Mullah's regular, hidden, speed camera's. north wales police are mad and out of control when it comes to bikers and motorists

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man...for a minute I thought the Californians were moving there too!

Soap

Reaction score
Visit site
It's just mad honestly, I'll be going to the Dragon's Rest Cafe on the A55 rather than Horseshoe Pass I think but I'll have to see what the others think.

W

wrightme43

If you guys would, can you expand on what is going on in your country?

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
I take it we'll all need clear visors, regulation sized number plates, CE/BS marked end cans, stick to the 60mph speed limits, be stopped regularly for motivational safety speaches etc...?

Soap

Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty much mate yeh. And to expand a bit Wrightme, the North Wales Police have their own little kingdom where common sense doesn't apply but anything relating to harrassing motorists do.

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And no doubt the day will be full of idiots hooning around thinking of safety in numbers.

I suspect the day may turn into a massive own goal.

Fahren

Reaction score
Visit site
would love to come but im up in the Lakes (Cumbria) and i cant use me lights till i figure out what the prob is....but with my bike being red if i add a nice Welsh dragon i might get away with being harrassed!!...or is it they just hate bikers!

fz6blue

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't quite understand what this will really achieve... I understand that sitting at home while it still goes on solves nothing.. but then again - how does this change the way that police react to bikers? I happen to be in the area for a few days before I knew anything about this was going on. I guess I just didn't realise the severity of the problem but who governs the law anyway? Seems to me we have very little power to stop the polices' habits.

I hope I'm wrong and that it will bring a little balance back to riders and police! Anyway, I'll be riding around the area by happy coincidence and hopefully not getting pulled every half hour.

Debaser

Reaction score
Visit site
Is the police <> biker relationship so bad everywhere in the UK or is it just North Wales? I'm gonna be moving back to the UK (East Eng) later in the year after living continental side for the best part of a decade. The police here are great with bikers, I love it when they move out the way for me and give a wave whilst I'm filtering on my daily commute. My bike is totally legal, I'm always geared up and these days am also wearing hi-vis. Should I be expecting the friendly waves I'm used to or a 'why am I on 2 wheels' look?

Jez

Reaction score
Visit site
No problem with the police here on the East Coast that I'm aware of. North Wales has a bit of a reputation for this stuff due to their current Chief Constable attempting to live up to the draconian excesses of the previous one.

Whereabouts in East England are you moving to?

fz6blue

Reaction score
Visit site
Not experienced any issues on the bike in the east.. and a bike policeman nodded at me politely the other day.

When I was driving my car last christmas.. it was a different story though. I was stopped 3 times last xmas as they thought my car was stolen. They told me to get out of the car and it was freezing, so I asked to grab my coat as I was only wearing a lightweight shirt, I was a bit shocked when they barked a strict no in reply. I bit my lip and remained polite but after a few minutes.. I said 'am I free to go?' and he just gave me a bitter look and a nod. I thought that was pretty rubbish as an apology for getting it wrong may have been nice but as I don't like the idea of getting booked for being considered 'rude' I just went on my way.

I guess he may have been having a bad day as the other 2 times the police weren't so rude, just damn inconvenient.

Anyway.. rant over - apologies as it still gets me annoyed.

Hope your move goes smoothly Debaser!