Reason of why picking your screen name?

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Well this is as close to a introduction thread as I can find so

My first GTO was a 1968 Convertable. Way back in the Compuserve / AOL days I needed a screen name and I had just bought the GOAT. (GTO for the non-car guys/gals) 68GTO wasn't cool enough, 68goats and sxty8goats was. I've been sxty8goats since 94'

MyFirstBike

Reaction score
Visit site
like others on the forum, it says it all.. Is there a way to change the s/n?

Now that's i've become familiar with this forum my name should be... drum roll please.... brrrrrrr :

THE FASTER RED ONE

HAHA

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Much like staticghost, mine originally developed with online FPS.

But the name has a story. My dad used to drum for REO Speedwagon when they were at University of Illinois. They weren't the full band yet, but they all dormed together. My dad wasn't the best and dropped off. He eventually married my mom, graduated, and had to get a "real job".

Many years later, I bought him a drum set to get back into his old passion. He is a pretty funny, sarcastic guy, the type that can hang with your friends. One day, a roommate and I saw an old Simpsons episode with Hank Scorpio, this "cool" old guy that Homer loves, also happens to drum in the episode (and if I recall, tries to take over the world). Well, my dad's name is Hank, he fits the character, and so we've called him Hank Scorpio ever since.

My handle, in essence, is a morphed homage to him: REO and Scorpio.

Scorp

Coopdman

Wolf Pack of One
Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Cooper, Coop for short.

My freshmen year in high school (14 years ago) a group of seniors thought it'd be a good idea to give some freshmen wedgies... the poor guy who gave me mine ended up flat on his back in the parking lot once he set me down. ( yes my undies supported all 160 lbs of me at the time AND I told him not to set me down) There was huge applause and everyone would say, "Coop, you da man!" in the halls so it was shortened as my AOL name and has stuck since. He and I became close friends, haha. :rockon:

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Well we sure have some interesting stories about all of the screen names. Awesome and thank you all for sharing...:rockon:...:thumbup:

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
About 14 years ago I had to pick a screen name for the first time and I had just seen 'A Clockwork Orange.' First thing I thought of. Oddly enough I haven't seen the movie since then.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well this is as close to a introduction thread as I can find so

My first GTO was a 1968 Convertable. Way back in the Compuserve / AOL days I needed a screen name and I had just bought the GOAT. (GTO for the non-car guys/gals) 68GTO wasn't cool enough, 68goats and sxty8goats was. I've been sxty8goats since 94'

Ahhhh, I thought you were an Alarm fan and it was a take on 68 guns...

scoobydrvr

Reaction score
Visit site
I also happen to love my Scooby, along with my bike. Kinda strange being one of the three (give or take) drivers here in Oklahoma... I'll have to post a picture of my parent's driveway next time I drive home ('91 Outback, '98 Outback, '07 Outback, '91 SVX, and my '96 Legacy).

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
My name was random, I have no idea why I picked it.;) I am also curious if it can be changed though. There is an 08 FZ6 without the - and whenever I click on my own screename, it brings me to their profile.

SeekGod1st

Reaction score
Visit site
My name is all about my Faith and my Beliefs.

I believe this is the best way for a person to live.

Living in California and riding through rush hour traffic, I rely on God to get me home to my wife, 3yr. old girl, and new daughter due in a month.

My Faith gives me absolute peace of mind.

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
About 12 years ago after re-locating to Albq. We bought a min-pin doggie. Named him Moses. Shortly after that I got back into computers after a 3 year hiatus. So when choosing an e-mail address we ended up with Moses195!! 1-194 were already taken I believe! Used this ever since on every forum, email, etc. Wierd when I think about it!

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am owned by an incredibly spoiled Weimaraner - also known as the Grey Ghost - twist it just a bit and you have Ghost Weim! ;)

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
My name was random, I have no idea why I picked it.;) I am also curious if it can be changed though. There is an 08 FZ6 without the - and whenever I click on my own screename, it brings me to their profile.

HEY, STEPH, here is something for you to do while you are recuperating from that frisbee accident!! :)