Rearview radar anyone?

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a radar detector on 4 bikes behind the fairing, it picks up radar behind me too. The cheapest ones I can find. Attach a 1/8 jack, run it to my helmet with another jack and a cheap speaker. BEEP,BEEP,BEEP. Saved me without exaggeration thousands. It's not infallible though, around curves, over hills, and instant on. At least you know the jig is up fair and square.

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure what it attempts to accomplish that mirrors do not. I know it's not as easy to see what's directly behind you as you can in a car, but tucking my right arm in is not that difficult either. I think I would end up ignoring the display.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I really like this device and I think it would easily interface on MCs.

Since this is a radar(transceiver) and not a radar detector(receiver )it has to transmit a signal. This will be in the microwave spectrum. We are already being microwaved when we go through the theft detection system at just about every store we go to as well as traffic control devices on hiways, not including, everywhere nowaday, speed sensors that post your speed. These are radar operating in the microwave spectrum! There will always be controversy about this including cell phones but at least the past cell phone claims may have been based on old technology which was highly inefficient when compared to today's digital technologies.
Here's some interesting reading regarding SAR (Specific Absorbtion Rate) for cell phones. https://www.fcc.gov/guides/specific-absorption-rate-sar-cell-phones-what-it-means-you.

I would think the radar must pass some guideline for radiation since it is a transmitter device. I would not like to sit in the path of that type of radiation even if they say it's safe.