Rear Shock Dumb Question

kustom17

Reaction score
Visit site
I want to adjust my rear shock,
I peaked under the seat this morning real quick before work and I saw the numbers on it,
Just a quick dumb question, If I want it set on 6.. where should I line up the number six?
Just not sure where the adjustment point is. And do i have to take anything apart to adjust it, or can i do it with just taking off the seat.

Thanks Dooodes

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
The shock pictured is on position 1, position 7 is just below it

2201214464_74aeeb47f7_b.jpg

The little piece of metal with two impressions on it holds the preload collar in place...line that up with the number. You do not have to take anything apart but it helps to put in on the centerstand.

Now that we got your dumb Q out of the way :D , why did you choose #6?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I want to adjust my rear shock,
I peaked under the seat this morning real quick before work and I saw the numbers on it,
Just a quick dumb question, If I want it set on 6.. where should I line up the number six?
Just not sure where the adjustment point is. And do i have to take anything apart to adjust it, or can i do it with just taking off the seat.

Thanks Dooodes
Hi Mate,
Welcome, Defy has explained the alignment process. I did a few pics of mine when I went to #6.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=8

Hope it helps, I could never get mine adjusted without removing the side pod on the left hand side.
Nelly

kustom17

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys, I'll go over that stuff in detail after work

To answer your question I decided 6 for couple reasons
I'm not sure what it is on now, but i do know that I'm 6'1 190, I pack my GF on the bike often, and i'm starting to get more comfortable with riding. (starting to get a little more sporty around the turns)

so I think 6 might suit me well (I'm guessing it's on 3 )

:Flash:Thanks again!:Flash:

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Being 6' and about 220 lbs, I had the rear shock set to 5. I found that my bike was predisposed to follow every crack/groove on the freeway. So that is why i placed back 1 notch to 4.