rear running light not working

laddy

Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed a new rear tail light and now the running light is not working. It is as if the blue wire has no power. The yellow wire(on bottom coming out of bike) works the break light and works fine, and if you plug it into the green wire running the running lights into yellow the running light will work. So basically the blue wire powering the running lights is not working any ideas before I take it to the shop.

20140224_154059.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Are your front running lights active? If not you probably have a blown fuse. :)

laddy

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have the front turn signals on right now, so I can't say if they are working but the headlights work. Also where is the fuse to check and see if it is blown?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have the front turn signals on right now, so I can't say if they are working but the headlights work. Also where is the fuse to check and see if it is blown?

The right side plastic pod below the seat. There is a machine screw you must remove with a hex wrench and then pop it off it's rubber mounts to access the fuse box. When you turn your key on you should have front running lights is they are original OEM.

Sent from Moto's Droid using Tapatalk 2 :mikebike:

laddy

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright sweet I will check this weekend, I thought that i read somewhere that the license plate lights are run off the same fuse is that correct? Because the license plate lights are working. If it is not the fuse do you have any other ideas on what it could be?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Alright sweet I will check this weekend, I thought that i read somewhere that the license plate lights are run off the same fuse is that correct? Because the license plate lights are working. If it is not the fuse do you have any other ideas on what it could be?

You are correct the license plate light is on the running light circuit. Run that voltage to your tail light and see if it lights..

Sent from Moto's Droid using Tapatalk 2 :mikebike:

laddy

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry it took os long to get back to you, i have been out of town on business. I figured it out it ended up just being a bad connection. Thanks for your help.