Rear running light just went out??

Neworleans

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got told I have no rear running lights. The brake light , turn signals and headlights all are fine. The only change I did was replacing side blinkers about two weeks ago it was a two wire setup. Any advice before I go taking the whole mess apart? or should I just replace the entire brake light..

07 fz6~

viviifz6

Winter...
Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldnt go replacing the whole brake light right away, I don't know if you had to do any splices for your new turn signals, but I would start there and check all splices you made/check any connections. Also, you could pull your brake bulb and check the bulb/continuity at the plug in. But I would check the recent work you did first.
Good Luck and Let us know what you find!:rockon:

Neworleans

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm hoping its just the bulb, the reason for replacing the taillight would be to get a led set good excuse to buy =) To dark to check it tonight will have to in the morning.

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm hoping its just the bulb, the reason for replacing the taillight would be to get a led set good excuse to buy =) To dark to check it tonight will have to in the morning.

It sounds like its just the bulb....but if you stretch it, it still could be used to justify a nice set of LED's. (no one needs to know its just the bulb) :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you examine an OEM bulb filament you will find they are different from the usual automotive 1157 replacement bulb. The filament in the OEM has a physical bridge to deal with the added vibration that motorcycles produce that tear up the standard 1157 filaments. If you replace the bulb try to replace it with OEM made for the FZ6. Standard 1157 will fail prematurely.

viviifz6

Winter...
Reaction score
Visit site
But in the case of looking to do LED taillights, then I would say that the whole assembly got shorted out and is now rendered useless and its time fore an upgrade!:p