Rear master cylinder bolt

Circuitrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I was prepping the fZ6 to do the brakes tomorrow (humidity should be lower) and I noticed that the master cylinder has a bracket with a hole molded on its side. It lines up with the top hole of a metal mounting bracket but there is no bolt. I looked it up on Partzilla

Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2004 FZ6 - FZ600SS REAR MASTER CYLINDER Diagram

It says the part is obsolete. Does that mean I should just leave it hanging there? What other bolt would work in that location?

Thanks in advance for your reply. I can tell that this stuff has not been changed in a long while.

Matthew

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was prepping the fZ6 to do the brakes tomorrow (humidity should be lower) and I noticed that the master cylinder has a bracket with a hole molded on its side. It lines up with the top hole of a metal mounting bracket but there is no bolt. I looked it up on Partzilla

Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2004 FZ6 - FZ600SS REAR MASTER CYLINDER Diagram

It says the part is obsolete. Does that mean I should just leave it hanging there? What other bolt would work in that location?

Thanks in advance for your reply. I can tell that this stuff has not been changed in a long while.

Matthew

if its part #27, the bolt that actually holds the fluid reservoir , yes you need a bolt there. You don't want that flopping about spilling brake fluid.

I believe theres a nut on the back side of that bracket, should be a M6 x1 pitch. It its not threaded there, same bolt and pick up a self locking SS nut. Use a flat washer as well as your tightening down a piece of plastic and want to spread the load out a bit and not crack the plastic..

Partzilla has been posting some parts obsolete lately, check on other websites (I think someone mentioned Ronayers) as well.

But yes, bolt that to the bracket...

Last edited:

tyler2011

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you don't mind having an hex head bolt, lowes has a section of stainless steel bolts. Sizes and lengths are a little limited but they have most sizes under 1.5".

nthdegreeburns

Reaction score
Visit site
What Townsend said -- go to the http://yamaha-motor.com website and look for parts and accessories. There's access to the current Yamaha part numbers -- most of which you should be able to order from Partzilla, which doesn't keep up with the changes as promptly as Townsend noted.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you don't mind having an hex head bolt, lowes has a section of stainless steel bolts. Sizes and lengths are a little limited but they have most sizes under 1.5".

Any decent hardware store will have Metric SS nuts and bolts cheaper than the stock, plated Yamaha hardware. There's not a bunch of load on that bolt, I'd likely go that route. Yamaha, (at least over here) generally doesn't carry new small parts like that in stock and would have to order 5 or more plus bolts (BS).

Just make sure its M6 x 1 and the correct lenth (maybe .75", measure it, its not critical).

**Is the bracket it bolts to threaded??