Rear light play?

I was wondering if mine was the only one, im glad its normal, i thought it would be for globe wellbeing, i have a real annoying vibration from that area and it bugs me.

I was wondering if mine was the only one, im glad its normal, i thought it would be for globe wellbeing, i have a real annoying vibration from that area and it bugs me.

Do you feel it between 5 and 6,000rpm? If so, that too is quite normal and it works great as it can be used as a minimum shift point in my case.

Yeh that is one of those reasons why i find it hard to rev this bike, the vibration gets to me especially being a mechanic, it plays with my mind.

Yeh that is one of those reasons why i find it hard to rev this bike, the vibration gets to me especially being a mechanic, it plays with my mind.

Mine has lessoned over time but it is still there and I just blast through it most of the time. If I were female I could get me one of them orgasm thingies..LMAO

Are you sure? If you can't see it and you can't feel or hear it moving about then you would have no way of knowing what it is doing. It's like the lamp that sits inside it. There is no way of actually knowing it works when you pull the grip lever while riding. You only assume it does because you checked it before you went riding. Therefore, you can neither confirm nor deny the existence of motion in the lamp anymore than you could the actual operation of the bulb while you ride. Funny thing is, if the rear lamp movement bothers you that much the side markers on the rear and front should be putting you over the top as they move 360 degrees and fold right over.

Ha, ha, ha! Why did you do that to him?! He'll sell his bike now!
Oh yeah, and the turn signals wobble! :rof:

I've found oil plays a huge factor in that. I put Rotella in my bike at 100 miles and it smoothed up a lot, then i let the dealer put Yamalube back in when i took it in for the 600 miles service. I thought they broke something in my engine when i first picked it up because the vibration was so much higher. I'll be switching back to Rotella next oil change for sure.

sell my bike? i dont fugging think so!

dont care what you say

it moves and i hate it
and i will fix it

And when you fix it and the bulb breaks or the lamp housing cracks because you kept it from doing what it was supposed to be doing in the first place will you concede it was supposed to move for a reason much like the turn signals?

Your eye moves too (as it should) but you don't hate that.

sell my bike? i dont fugging think so!

dont care what you say

it moves and i hate it
and i will fix it

That's the spirit! I already looked into it and have a good idea how to do it!
1. You'll have to take the whole rear part off otherwise you can't take the light out.
2. Unscrew those two screws and pull the light out.
3. Put 5 or 6 1mm thick shims on those two round holders the lamp is held by.
4. Put the lamp back and screw it tight. At this point it'll still play just as it did before but it'll be 5 or 6 mm further out.
So when you put everything back together the lamp will sit on that black plastic that surrounds the exhaust pipes and it won't move any more! Viola!
You can easily see what I'm talking about if you take the seat off and unscrew those two screws that hold the lamp, then just pull the lamp out a few millimeters and you'll see how it'll sit there.

I doubt it'll break in normal riding conditions. I wouldn't do that to the original lamp but I would if I had that led clear one...

Last edited:
That's the spirit! I already looked into it and have a good idea how to do it!
1. You'll have to take the whole rear part off otherwise you can't take the light out.
2. Unscrew those two screws and pull the light out.
3. Put 5 or 6 1mm thick shims on those two round holders the lamp is held by.
4. Put the lamp back and screw it tight. At this point it'll still play just as it did before but it'll be 5 or 6 mm further out.
So when you put everything back together the lamp will sit on that black plastic that surrounds the exhaust pipes and it won't move any more! Viola!
You can easily see what I'm talking about if you take the seat off and unscrew those two screws that hold the lamp, then just pull the lamp out a few millimeters and you'll see how it'll sit there.

I doubt it'll break in normal riding conditions. I wouldn't do that to the original lamp but I would if I had that led clear one...

Man, this is way too much engineering for a really, really easy fix if someone has a mined to do so. If you lift the lamp up to the max, you can slide some double back foam tape in between the current bumper pad and the bottom of the lamp assembly. when you press it back down the lamp assemble with be secured to the foam tape and problem solved....

And when you fix it and the bulb breaks or the lamp housing cracks because you kept it from doing what it was supposed to be doing in the first place will you concede it was supposed to move for a reason much like the turn signals?

Your eye moves too (as it should) but you don't hate that.

damn thanks button!:mad::mad:

why the **** u are so damn negative on this for ffs
mate i have a LED taillight
the globe wont break!
i highly doubt th housing will too
soo easy to replace anyways

damn thanks button!:mad::mad:

why the **** u are so damn negative on this for ffs
mate i have a LED taillight
the globe wont break!
i highly doubt th housing will too
soo easy to replace anyways

Well, as I have observed in the past both items can and do break. In the case of the standard bulb, I have had the tungsten fiber element break due to unnecessary vibration and in the case of plastic lamp assemblies that are "supposed" to move about, I have observed them crack due to a lack of necessary movement. In other words there is a good reason they move. As for LED bulbs, I have observed them fail to make the industry standard 100.000 hours lifetime too so don't doubt they can fail as they do. Now, you may enjoy changing things and this is cool but I would rather save the money for more gas and a ride as opposed to buying parts I wouldn't have needed had I left the dang thing alone.

Back