Rear Hugger

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok I see the chain gaurd has been altered what else is on the plans for it.

Just to paint it to match the bike color :p. Got it sanded, primered, and sanded again. Should get it painted today and clear coated as well as long as the weather holds out. Chain guard was cut down awhile back by the previous owner.

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Used the Duplicolor GM Dark Cherry Metallic from Advanced Auto. Its a close match, but a little bit darker than the stock paint.

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here it is on the the bike. Not a perfect color match, a little darker, but I think it looks ok :). Noticed I need to clean my chain too!

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now I need a chin fairing and rear seat cowl. Might try my hand at the seat cowl with some fiberglass. Love the TCP seat cowls, but boy are they expensive!

acniss

Reaction score
Visit site
man that looks nice, the dark color kinda makes it look like its fading from the bright red at the top to black at the bottom

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I am just going to order up a rattlecan filled with the right paint match for anything else. I found a website a little while back that can do it and doesn't cost too awful much. Would really like the chin fairing and seat cowl to match exactly when I get them.

eh89

Reaction score
Visit site
Motorcycle Paint - ColorRite is the site that apparently has the paint to a 'perfect' match, but honestly with the required basecoat, then top, and clear.
its extremely expensive

Personally I think it turned out great, I prefer it darker as it is nice contrast.

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the black swingarm - red hugger combo.

I would clean that chain with some kerosene and a toothbrush and turn it back to gallery condition.

Cool signature.

Last edited: