Rear Brake lever clicks when engaged

Archeon

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I noticed something on my way home from work today and that was a mechanical click when engaging the rear brake.

After a bit of fiddling around when I got home it sounds like it is coming from near the lever, rather than back at the caliper itself.

The brake seems to work normally, so just curiously if anyone knows what this might be, and if it is normal?

Thanks,

Si

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Probably has to do with the switch for the brake light.
Is your brake light functioning when you apply the rear brake? If so I'd ignore the click, but keep an eye on it as it could be a sign the switch is on its way to failing.
I believe it's part #5VX-82530-00-00

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just to add to the above, the switch is adjustable, to make it come on sooner or later.

There's a plastic nut on the switch (and a spring). Turning the nut in one direction pulls/puts the switch closer or farther away from the lever, thus the adjustment.

Its almost easier to just remove the two allen head screws that hold the entire RS peg assembly off to gain access to the switch/adjustment, etc..

Part #26: Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2007 FZ6 - FZS6W ELECTRICAL 1 Diagram

Double click on the pic to enlarge it..

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Is it induced by lever pushing or is once the lever is pushed produced by the wheels rotation, thus tracking the bikes speed?