Rear brake lever angle

kylinder

Reaction score
Visit site
Is there any way to adjust the angle of the rear brake lever?

I find it sits too high and I find it difficult not to have my foot leaning on the lever.

youngy

Reaction score
Visit site
There is a locknut at the base of the master cylinder stem, just above the back end of the pedal. Loosen this then the nut at the top of the stem can be adjusted to raise or lower the pedal height.

mbramlett

Crazy MOFO
Reaction score
Visit site
While we're on the subject what has everyone done with there's. I find myself using a bit too much back brake and haven't been able to find a good compromise between too high and too low.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
While we're on the subject what has everyone done with there's. I find myself using a bit too much back brake and haven't been able to find a good compromise between too high and too low.

I'd set it to where you just slide your foot over to the pedal (while in a riding position). You really don't want to have to raise your foot to use the brake, every split second getting to the brake is more distance traveled...

If your in the habit, keep the lever covered with your foot, period. I use my front brakes (I also cover the ft brake lever with 2 fingers) most of the time but have my rear brake lever set as noted above...

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Brilliant! Thanks.

I'll try and adjust it on the weekend and see if it feels any better

Make sure you check and adjust the brake light switch (if needed) after moving the lever.

If you adjust the lever lower, it'll activate the brake light sooner or have it stuck on all the time. Just adjust the switch, behind the foot guard, until it activates as it should...