Reactive Armor

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
RiderMagazine.com: Motorcycle reviews, news and features from the editors of Rider. (skip to the last third of the video, amazing stuff!)

I've read about this stuff before. FirstGear is putting a special type of plastic into their top-of-the-line jacket that's soft & pliable during low-velocity movement, but any sharp blow causes it to solidify. It'll make armor that's soft and comfortable most of the time but hardens up when necessary.
Ain't science great?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Imagine all the other technologies this stuff could be applied to! And the molecular structure is probably also programmable.

Thanks Botch!

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
Check out the D3o stuff at their web site d3o . Sixsixone are doing knee pads, elbow pads, shin pads and protective shorts all with d3o technology :: d3o Technology ::.

I haven't seen anyone selling aftermarket armor "upgrades" yet, but I am sure it is only a matter of time although if you took the bulk armor out of my jacket and replaced it with d3o I don't think it would actually fit :(. I guess I'd just have to buy a new one :).

I am seriously thinking of Kevlar jeans with Knee armor and a pair of sixsixone d3o shorts.