rant rant rant against gixxer 1 million crowd

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
If I had to choose, I'd prefer a Gixxer over a Honda.

Okay, not so fast, I don't like the new exhaust on this bike. Why does the exhaust look so retarded? The frame looks really good, at least.

FIGURE 1.1 - SUZUKI GSXR 1000 2009 - Black
attachment.php

FIGURE 2.1 - HONDA CBR 1000 2009 - Black
Honda Canada

---The honda has a better looking exhaust, which looks capable of being painted black if you remove a bolt. That would look awesome! The frame has a nasty stretch-mark though.

Both seats look very uncomfortable. I absolutely DETEST having turn-signals on the rearview mirrors; they'll totally get destroyed if the bike gets dropped and they're an absolute BITCH to replace. No flushies either.

Last edited:

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
.....I've always hated being associated with this group because of my age (18 end of December). I've been riding since I was 16 on the street and started out on a ninja 250 by my own choice. I fail to understand how these people can have accidents and just bounce back like it's nothing.....

......Until then, I'll just pay an a$$load for insurance to cover them.

Damn squids... :Flip::squid:

Im 21 and i hate the fact I get associated with the stunter/squid crowd. I will admit that ive done a few wheelies and broken the speed limit but it was back roads with no one else around.

...and about the insurance...Full coveradge for me would be over $4000 gotta love kids totaling their bikes so everyone else has to pay :Flip:

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
All I ever see in the D.C. area and especially on the beltway is Gixxers. Almost everyone I have met has no idea what bike I have and say "that thing is too small. You need a 1000." I have some friends with Gixxers and I refuse to ride with them only because they love going 120+MPH CONSTANTLY!!

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My son is 17 and has been through the MSC. He told me he could not believe the number of people in the class that never rode before but had already bought a super sport bike already?

He too wanted an R6 right out of the box, but I told him he would kill himself in short order and it was the small bike to big bike route or nothing until he is 18. I got an old Honda CT90 running and told him he has to ride this for a while to get use to riding in traffic, etc. The 90 looked good at that point.

We went for our 1st ride last night, the 90 tops out at 45, and he did OK, but on the way home he was ahead of me and started to get too close to the car in front of him. When home I reviewed this and other errors with him.

My Dad bought me a Honda 350 when I was 16, and he did not ride. I made allot of dumb mistakes but managed to live through them. I intend on riding allot with my son because I want to spend time with him and I want to make sure he has some guidance to avoid any big mistakes. I hoping in 9 to 10 months moving him up to something that we can really cruise together on.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My son is 17 and has been through the MSC. He told me he could not believe the number of people in the class that never rode before but had already bought a super sport bike already?

He too wanted an R6 right out of the box, but I told him he would kill himself in short order and it was the small bike to big bike route or nothing until he is 18. I got an old Honda CT90 running and told him he has to ride this for a while to get use to riding in traffic, etc. The 90 looked good at that point.

We went for our 1st ride last night, the 90 tops out at 45, and he did OK, but on the way home he was ahead of me and started to get too close to the car in front of him. When home I reviewed this and other errors with him.

My Dad bought me a Honda 350 when I was 16, and he did not ride. I made allot of dumb mistakes but managed to live through them. I intend on riding allot with my son because I want to spend time with him and I want to make sure he has some guidance to avoid any big mistakes. I hoping in 9 to 10 months moving him up to something that we can really cruise together on.

My dad did basically the same thing, start small, get the basics down, then move up. I started riding at age 11 with a Rupp mini bike. I basically wore that thing out, then got a worn out 50cc 2-stoke dirt bike that I had for a year. Right before I turned 16, I bought my Honda C70 at a garage sale, and took the MSF course in the spring, and been on the street ever since. My dads side of the family grew up on bikes too, so I had lots of encouragement:D!

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
One thing that I'm curious about is how to these kids get their bikes? Obviously their parents buy these high-powered machines for them. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that there are some kids out there who would be responsible. But I have my doubts. Personally, I don't do any stunts on my bike. I've paid too much money (for me anyway) to crash and have to pay for repairs. It just boggles my mind how some parents can spend upwards of $10,000 on a motorcycle for a kid who has little or no riding experience, and then doesn't think that they'll eventually pull a stupid. I wonder that if a kid had to pay for something like this themselves, how likely would they be to try and do stunts.

Of course, I could be completely wrong about all this...

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 20 and Started A$$ first with the 600. I've babied that thing more than I did my neighbor (kinda raised him) because I paid for it all by my lonesome. I hated the rich kids in highschool who got the beemers and gixxer 1000's like it was no big deal. I actually heard a kid who just got his learners permit complaining how his parents bought him a 1000 but he wanted a 1200 gixxer. That's the problem. They're used to getting mommy or daddy to pay for everything. It makes me sick. as for the 600 not being big enough... I weigh damn near 300lbs and I keep up just fine with my skinny friend on his 750 gixxer

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One thing that I'm curious about is how to these kids get their bikes? Obviously their parents buy these high-powered machines for them. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that there are some kids out there who would be responsible. But I have my doubts. Personally, I don't do any stunts on my bike. I've paid too much money (for me anyway) to crash and have to pay for repairs. It just boggles my mind how some parents can spend upwards of $10,000 on a motorcycle for a kid who has little or no riding experience, and then doesn't think that they'll eventually pull a stupid. I wonder that if a kid had to pay for something like this themselves, how likely would they be to try and do stunts.

No you are not!

Brad

Senpai
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm still in high school and hate what kinda cars some parents give them to drive. We have a few kids with 30-50k cars at my school. My first road bike is the FZ6, kinda on the high end for a first bike but so far so good. My friend who's 18 (were both seniors in HS) has a 04 gixxer 600 and bought it himself like I did with the FZ6. Very nice and responsible rider even tho were young we know the limit or try to.

For the most part when thinking of stunting I think of the gixxer series. The Yamaha R series speaks racing to me. This bit of info means nothing just from my opinion.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
theres a genuine :squid: in my family..well the family i married into..my bro in law bought a 2003 zx6r the day he passed (18yr old)..he had already wrote off 2 BMW 325's when he was 17..so it was only a matter of time before he totalled the bike..2 months i think..he was going way too fast when the traffic slowed down he whacked on the brakes and lowsided in to the car in front..after this he just discarded the bike and left mummy and daddy to pay the loan off..5 years on the bike is still in the garden shed..im gonna comandier it and turn it into a street fighter:D ..frame and forks need replacing tho

gt89stang393

Reaction score
Visit site
I know a guy who for a first bike bought a GSXR750. He couldn't even put his feet on the ground flat, had to tip toe. Well, he wrecked it pretty good one day, riding with his buddies none of which have insurance or licenses for that matter. Luckily it was in town and the people were nice enough to hide the bikes before the police got there. He made up this elaborate story about how it happened, but he simply put it down.

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site

Interesting question. There was a time I asked that very same thing, myself. My final conclusion was as follows:

-They go to the bank and take out a MASSIVE loan; the kind where the interest rate is HIGH and the estimated payoff is about...10 years.

-By the time they payoff the loan, if they even do it, the final cost will be almost TRIPLE the original price.

flamewulfe

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
First Post: Interestingly enough, I've just come to the FZ6 from an '06 Gixxer 1000; I listened to a redneck squidlike buddy of mine when I bought it, and the Gixxer is what I wound up learning on. It was a really stupid buy on my part, having a Thou for my first bike, but I really babied it; ultimately, I realized not having insurance was kind of a big deal . . . when I researched it, the FZ6 seemed a perfect blend of utilitarianism, sportiness, and comfort. Just don't assume every young guy on a Gixxer is a jackass, fixin' to show off . . . I was often the slowest rider in our group of mostly 600s, and never did any of the foolishness my friends would push me to do. I think it was really slammed home to me when this aged racer (aged 60+ hard racin' years) admitted he could ride a 600 to 100% of its capability, but a 1000 to only about 85% of its capability. How much was I using? 30%?

flamewulfe

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
And to answer the previous question, yes, taking a massive loan out was ridiculously easy; how does 17% interest rate for 5 years sound? Yeah, I was raped . . . the FZ6 was a much better interest rate, and I was actually able to afford insurance for it (though the negative equity for the Gixxer was tagged right on top of the price . . . ouch! Still worth it though!). As a side note though, GE, one of the main lenders for sport bikes, is no longer providing loans, according to the local dealers in my area . . . so maybe less instances of people not ready for large bikes in the future?

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
The young R6 crowd is the same as the gixxer croud. If you're old and experienced, you buy an R1, if you're young and inexperienced, you buy an FZ6, if you're a "leet stunta" you buy an R6.

The other night I saw a guy fold down the rear foot peg at a stop light and I thought to myself, oh you ****ing idiot, don't do it. Light turn green, he took off, and did a wheelie in 40mph traffic at night. If he wrecked, I would not stop for him.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Is that a fact? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
No. You are on the internet, roll with it.

It's my observation.
By the way, I was basing that off of all the bikes I've seen in town. Older guys on the R1's, beginners on the FZ6's, and squids on the R6's.

Last edited: