Rainy Saturday Ride

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
Had a long week at work and was determined to get in a Saturday ride. Looked to the mountain but the clouds were piling up and getting darker. Looked to the coast and the clouds were lighter; it was determined coastal run.

Took the canyon from my house to the coast and just played around on some of the curves in that area before popping out at the beach. The roads were wet, but no rain yet.

IMG_0002.jpg

Decided to follow the coast down toward Torrey Pines while looking east for any clearing, but it was still dark with more clouds rolling in from the west.
IMG_0009.jpg

The coast was still dry and I could see the darkness over the mountains so gave up on them and headed further south.
IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

Ended up in Chula Vista and it had been a while since I've ridden that far south,by the border, so I just stayed on course following the beach passing the ports of call and navy bases.
IMG_0017.jpg

About this time I said screw it, I'm going to play in the mountains! I took some fun curvey roads leading from the coast to the mountains. However, about 10 minuted after I hopped on the freeway it turned into a downpour, so I turned tail and ran west to dryer areas and headed home.

I guess I'll have to wait for next weekend for the mountain ride.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pictures.

Wish it was still warm in these parts. However it is looking nice for the coming week/weekend.

Thanks for sharing.

-bryan

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Had a long week at work and was determined to get in a Saturday ride. Looked to the mountain but the clouds were piling up and getting darker. Looked to the coast and the clouds were lighter; it was determined coastal run.

Took the canyon from my house to the coast and just played around on some of the curves in that area before popping out at the beach. The roads were wet, but no rain yet.

IMG_0002.jpg

Decided to follow the coast down toward Torrey Pines while looking east for any clearing, but it was still dark with more clouds rolling in from the west.
IMG_0009.jpg

The coast was still dry and I could see the darkness over the mountains so gave up on them and headed further south.
IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

Ended up in Chula Vista and it had been a while since I've ridden that far south,by the border, so I just stayed on course following the beach passing the ports of call and navy bases.
IMG_0017.jpg

About this time I said screw it, I'm going to play in the mountains! I took some fun curvey roads leading from the coast to the mountains. However, about 10 minuted after I hopped on the freeway it turned into a downpour, so I turned tail and ran west to dryer areas and headed home.

I guess I'll have to wait for next weekend for the mountain ride.
Good job mate,

How did your gear stand up to the elements? I really enjoy riding in the rain, it really helps me to learn to control my breathing and not tense up on the bars.

Nelly

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
Good job mate,

How did your gear stand up to the elements? I really enjoy riding in the rain, it really helps me to learn to control my breathing and not tense up on the bars.

Nelly

The gear held up great. I had my Alpinestars TZ-1 jacket which has perforations in the leather on the shoulders, but with the quilted liner zipped in I didn't feel any moisture coming in. I had a long sleeve base shirt and another shirt over that, about all I can fit comfortably under the jacket, and my torso didn't get uncomfortably cold. The pants are Olympia Airglide II and with the rain liner zipped in they were fantastic; I think they're my favorite piece of gear so far. The Sidi B2 boots were fine and kept my feet dry. The only issue that I had were my hands were freezing, but I ride with a short cuff glove and that's my own stupid fault. A full gauntlet would have been better and a winter glove would have been best.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Love that shot of your Fizzer in front of the clipper ship! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: