radio tonite AGF

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
ok folks, no requests came through, so I set up the playlist with a few of my favs:
Buddy Guy
Jimi Hendrix
Mike Bloomfield :thumbup:
Stevie Ray
Budos Band and
Body Count featuring Ice-T on vocals doing a ripping version of Hey Joe.

As a special treat, hot off the customs inspection table
a Dweezil Zappa track form the new album "Live in the moment":rockon:

Just spoke w the bro he has some Otis Taylor, The Sultans of Slide and probably some Lou Reed:cool: lined up
looks like it'll be a good 2 hours, we're looking forward to it

so if you can get the internet and stream or listen in, in Melbourne
6- 8 pm tonight
3WBC- Comfortably Numb Rock and Blues Show
3WBC 94.1FM Whitehorse Boroondara Community Radio Melbourne

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be tuned in as usual :thumbup: No requests from me this week coz I dont wanna hog all the air time :rolleyes:

Would be great if you could give another forum shout-out though , send it the way of our northern hemispherian friends :D

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a great line up Adrian.

You gotta try to find Son House. Absolutely incredible,original blues :rockon:

I'll have to tape it tonight - busy when the show is on today :(

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok folks, no requests came through, so I set up the playlist with a few of my favs:
Buddy Guy
Jimi Hendrix
Mike Bloomfield :thumbup:
Stevie Ray
Budos Band and
Body Count featuring Ice-T on vocals doing a ripping version of Hey Joe.

As a special treat, hot off the customs inspection table
a Dweezil Zappa track form the new album "Live in the moment":rockon:

Just spoke w the bro he has some Otis Taylor, The Sultans of Slide and probably some Lou Reed:cool: lined up
looks like it'll be a good 2 hours, we're looking forward to it

so if you can get the internet and stream or listen in, in Melbourne
6- 8 pm tonight
3WBC- Comfortably Numb Rock and Blues Show
3WBC 94.1FM Whitehorse Boroondara Community Radio Melbourne
Hello Mate,
I would love to hear that "Body Count featuring Ice-T on vocals doing a ripping version of Hey Joe".
Hey Joe was the first song I learned on guitar.
I am trying to figure out what time it will be here?
If you could play
The cover "Crazy Mary by Pearl jam or "Black" by the same in honour of me I would be chuffed to bits.

Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Mate,
I would love to hear that "Body Count featuring Ice-T on vocals doing a ripping version of Hey Joe".
I am trying to figure out what time it will be here?
If you could play
The cover "Crazy Mary by Pearl jam or "Black" by the same in honour of me I would be chuffed to bits.

Nelly
Ok bloody missed it because you were on Yesterday lol.
I will youtube the body count track.

Cheers
Nelly

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Nelly, we played back2back versions of hey joe 1st by otis taylor then the ice-t version. We loved it - might even do it again next week with a bad seeds version Ron aka OAKS might have recorded the show, he has the last 2 I have done, thats been good for us to review, and I owe him some rep from my bro for that too, as well as the kudos on the air.
If a copy exists in the ether I'llpost a link. Thanks for the interest, it s a true pleasure to play stuff for folks, Kazza has a long standing request I am yet to cover, a Son House track, maybe next week.
Sent from the phone: sorry 'bout my spileng, fat fingers...you know!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Mate,

Nelly

Just for you Nelly :thumbup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZc9A5cch8k]Body Count - Hey Joe (with Lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Going to See Dweezil Zappa in Feb. with my son in Chico,Ca. I saw Frank 4 times in the 70's from what I remember - it WAS the 70's

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Going to See Dweezil Zappa in Feb. with my son in Chico,Ca. I saw Frank 4 times in the 70's from what I remember - it WAS the 70's
Lol,
You must be related to a bloke that I knew in the UK. He went to see Hendrix for the first time at the Ilse of White. Unfortunately he ate a dodgy Mushroom Omelette's and never saw a Band he could remember the whole weekend.
Sadly Hendrix died shortly after and he never saw him play.

Nelly

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Went & did a little Christmas shopping today & found a new blues album :thumbup:

Ade if you can find it ( got mine at JB HiFi ) buy it if not let me know & i'll burn you a copy ;) Its an absolute must for any record collection :rockon:

I reckon you should play some on the next radio slot :D

Ladies & Gentlemen I give you Hugh Laurie :eek: AKA House :cheer:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BElkaHYqpU4]Hugh Laurie - Six Cold Feet - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpbb76-9LHM]Hugh Laurie - Police Dog Blues - YouTube[/ame]

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
HOW-TO record streaming audio on a PC

I thought I'd write up a HOW-TO so you all can record agf's show (or any other PC speaker output, for that matter) since I can't always do it at 2-4 AM here in the eastern US.

This is written for Windows 7. There are many audio chipset and operating system differences out there, so your experiences will certainly vary. I can't possibly address all the configuration permutations here. And, no doubt, there is a better way to do this -- there always is in computer land.

You can't mute the audio on the PC while doing this, so if you don't want to listen live, work on a computer where you can switch off the speaker power, or maybe plug in some headphones to silence the output.

Also, if you use Skype or other multimedia software you might have to reset its audio devices after we've changed things.

First you'll need some software to capture the audio and convert to your favorite format. I will use 'Easy MP3 Sound Recorder' in this tutorial. It's free and can be found here:

Free Easy MP3 Sound Recorder - CNET Download.com

It's very simple and works for me. But not all software works everywhere, so some alternatives include CDex v1.51, Audiograbber, and the Sound Recorder built into Windows.

So, download it and install. It's pretty old software, so if you get a 'divide by zero' error or somesuch the first time you run it in Windows 7, you'll need right-click on the program in the start menu, go to properties and set up XP compatibility mode in Windows 7 as shown in this screen shot:

attachment.php

Now set up the Windows 7 Recording and Playback devices. Right click the little speaker next to the clock and click on Recording devices. If you don't see an output device such as the Stereo Mix/SoundMAX thing I have (names vary by chip maker) right click on a device that does appear, and check the Show Devices options, as below. Right click the output device now that you see it, and make the output device the Default Communication Device.

attachment.php

Right click and select the properties on that device and set the Levels to around 10. Too high and the recording will be distorted.

attachment.php

Now set the output level for the Playback device. Something around 66% should be fine.

attachment.php

Now launch the Sound Recorder program and set it up as shown. The device names up top should match what you saw in the Windows settings you just configured. 96 bps (sic - should read Kbps!) is a good compromise for quality and size of the recording for mp3s.

attachment.php

Now launch your favorite streaming audio web site (http://3wbc.org.au/) and click on Start Recording. Record 15 seconds or so, pause the web site audio, Stop the recording and play back the file you just recorded to see if it worked. It may take some trial and error with the Recording and Playback levels, or use alternative recording software, to get it right.

attachment.php

When all is good, start up the web site audio and Start Recording again and just let it run indefinitely to capture your target audio, then Stop recording when done.

This will create a large audio file. I use this to crop and split mp3 files as necessary.

Boilsoft Video Splitter

Good luck!

Last edited:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those cats the Sultans of Slide are from my part of the world. Portland Oregon the home of the best Blues Festival in the USA. Too bad I can't get your radio staion I would probably like it alot. :rockon:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah that Hugh Laurie album is pretty cool, you must have been reading my mind coz I always try to play something that My Bro doesnt know I have and the listeners probably wouldn't get to hear anywhere else, so it is in the line up,
was thinking maybe You dont know my mind but 6 feet is pretty good too
anyway its on again this Thursday night, might be a bit of a bun fight, there will be four of us fighting for control of the desk, should be a hoot