Radiator Shrouds on a FZ6?

eh89

Reaction score
Visit site
I've done some soul searching on this forum but I haven't had any luck in finding the answer...
Are there any rad shrouds (or the million other names they are called) available for the non naked fz6 ?
I really like the look of them but I haven't been able to find any pictures of them on a faired bike?? As you can tell in the picture I believe they will conflict with the fairings.
I was thinking that some 'rad' scoops would look great with a belly pan.. however I haven't found anything.
Ideas?

thanks

eh89

Reaction score
Visit site
that is what im looking for
but I want one for the non-naked version
all the shrouds I've found on ebay and various french sites are for the N model.

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, some of them look interesting but i cant read or speak french lol.

I am sure i have seen some non naked ones, but i think they are much harder to find then the ones for naked bikes.

I have seen some guys on the forum who have ordered from the french sites for a non naked bikes. hopefully someone will chime in with more information

eh89

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, some of them look interesting but i cant read or speak french lol.

I am sure i have seen some non naked ones, but i think they are much harder to find then the ones for naked bikes.

I have seen some guys on the forum who have ordered from the french sites for a non naked bikes. hopefully someone will chime in with more information

I use google chrome and it translates the page for me. It is helpful but far from perfect.
That is encouraging that non-naked ones exist because I have searched hard and haven't found any yet :(

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
as per "red06" i might be wrong. i thought i had seen some but now i am not so sure. Will have a little search and see, it might have only been naked ones i was finding...

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
yea i found that site to, but it was all based on the naked version from what i could tell. other than the 04-06 part that you mentiond, which is different to the newer models, so would not benefit you at all.

Have you considered the full side fairings?

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
this is basically what I am looking for
but on a fz6
it must exist somewhere.

Those rock.:rockon: nice. There is a couple guys over at SBN forum that have radiator covers. They are not like this. However they are fairly decent with cowlings or flaired open areas for the radiator hoses made for the fz6. I ended up getting some on eBay used. There silver, but nothing that a quick sand and plastic paint couldn't fix. There a bit more basic. I strongly suggest going to the Euro sites. I saw some real cool French and Italian sites that had all kinds of goodies. Also there is a couple accessories website lists over there. I didn't see here.
http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/fz6/407009-fz6-radiator-side-covers.html

Last edited:

red06

Reaction score
Visit site
Perhaps I am just stubborn but I am determined to find some.
Although I fear Red06 is right
the "closest" I have found so far is the TCP
Motorcycle Radiator Panels for Yamaha FZ6 : Motorbikes and P..
but they only other 07+ for the naked
and >06 for faired.
Everything else I have found so far is for the fz6n
tcp_513.jpg

fazer600s_04d.jpg

i think both should fit but the red one might need to be cut down a bit on top