R6S forks...

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
You will need

R6S forks
Axle and Nut
Fender kit. RyanK provided those. Ask him if he has more.
Wheel shims. I hope you don't need caliper shims with the new two piston calipers.
The shims can be directly ordered from mcmastercarr.

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah thats it. If you really wanna get picky you can get the r6 collars. they are lighter than the fz6. I know this because I got them with the axles. but really you wouldn't notice the difference.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
ok so I got the forks, axle, shims, and nut. Should I need more than one spacer per side? It seems like I can get the axle through with some sticking out of both ends. I put two spacers in one side to see if it would take up all the slack, but the wheel will still go side to side.....any suggestions? maybe too long of an axle??????

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok so I got the forks, axle, shims, and nut. Should I need more than one spacer per side? It seems like I can get the axle through with some sticking out of both ends. I put two spacers in one side to see if it would take up all the slack, but the wheel will still go side to side.....any suggestions? maybe too long of an axle??????

That sounds odd Kyle. Fred and I had to make an additional spacer to go inside the fork leg on the bolt side. I hope this makes sense. In other words the axle I had was too short.

Can you post a photo or two?

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
That sounds odd Kyle. Fred and I had to make an additional spacer to go inside the fork leg on the bolt side. I hope this makes sense. In other words the axle I had was too short.

Can you post a photo or two?

so you had two spacers on the bolt side and one on the "axle side"? (the side where you need a big allen key)

I have mine set up similar but two spacers on the axle side and one on the bolt side.....and I still have play....?????:confused:

I will work on the pics

thanks, Top!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok I think what I need to do is put the extra (thicker) spacer on the other side and see how it works..... I will be back with the report.

Thanks again, Top.

Doc, just make sure the spacers are the same from side to side. It's important that the wheel is centered in the fork. Otherwise you will not be able to mount the brake calipers.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Doc, just make sure the spacers are the same from side to side. It's important that the wheel is centered in the fork. Otherwise you will not be able to mount the brake calipers.

got ya.

It just seems like the "head" of the axle, is not fully seating (an 1/8th of an inch sticking out of the fork) and the bolt side is fully engaged (tight to the fork)....I may need to modify two of the shims to make them thinner so I have equal shimming on both sides.

I am glad I have plenty of time to do this!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
got ya.

It just seems like the "head" of the axle, is not fully seating (an 1/8th of an inch sticking out of the fork) and the bolt side is fully engaged (tight to the fork)....I may need to modify two of the shims to make them thinner so I have equal shimming on both sides.

I am glad I have plenty of time to do this!

I'm glad you've got it figured out. It is well worth the effort. You'll love the ride...smmmooooooooooth. :thumbup:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm glad you've got it figured out. It is well worth the effort. You'll love the ride...smmmooooooooooth. :thumbup:

Well guys I got it all squared away Sunday. I need to put two spacers per side to keep the wheel alignedand without any freeplay. I also needed two spacers for each caliper to keep the pads from rubbing. Just though I would share if any of you attempt this.

Stay tuned....more to come.:thumbup: