R6S Engine Parts into FZ6

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
I know this is a shot in the dark but i am unwilling to give up! Does anyone have any more info or can anyone answer the few questions remaining. I am highly looking forward to doing this if all works for not too much trouble.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
shinn - there are alot of members out there with tones of knowledge about part interchangability.. oso2k (i think thats his name) made that huge list a while back.. that might be a good place to start... good luck and let us know what you find out..

opnwhlmnd

Adrenaline junkie
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes you can change cams with engine in the bike.

Just look at a shop manual and see how to align the timing marks.

Also need to check valve lash with the different cams

Use R6 cam gears also. Much lighter. I use 2003 R6 for parts.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes you can change cams with engine in the bike.

Just look at a shop manual and see how to align the timing marks.

Also need to check valve lash with the different cams

Use R6 cam gears also. Much lighter. I use 2003 R6 for parts.

not calling you out by any means, but you keep offering this peice of info with nothing else to back it up.. I would love to see pictures of this overhaul or any diagrams showing how it works.. hell even a before an after dyno chart would do.... im not a motor expert, but i do know there is a little more to swapping out cams than just lining up the timming marks..

opnwhlmnd

Adrenaline junkie
Reaction score
Visit site
Like I said mine are degreed in. It's not my problem I have access to a dyno and know how to do this and you don't. When I'm working on an engine stopping to take a picture is a great way to forget to tighten something. Not for me sorry. I don't have to prove anything to you or anyone else. I know how my bike runs and I like it.

Here's my advice if you have no engine experience DON'T attempt this mod!

And by the way my engine on the dyno has 110.8 hp. Yes it has an R6 head that is professionally ported and polished and R6 cams and an R6 head gasket and Two Brothers exhaust and no AIS plus AIS holes in head are tapped and plugged. It also has bored out throttle bodies with bigger throttle plates and many other mods.

I'm done. I've tried to help out with this forum and am tired of all the world is coming to an end naysayers on here and there are plenty.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
chill man.. like i said.. not calling you out or downing on your tech abilities.. but its just tough to believe when there are no pics, charts, graphs to back up the claim of it increasing power.. not asking you to prove anything, but when your telling people that this is a great mod with nothing to really back it up besides your word.. well its not that i dont believe you, but i would have trouble spending money on new cams and such if "I" wasnt 100% convinced it would work..

as for your list of engine mods to the bike, props.. not to many people here have the skills to be able to achive the same results.. bored out tb's probably gave you a big boost of power.. i asume you also got rid of the cat.. but how did you get the engine to dump in more fuel (since i asume the airflow increased with your mod list), power comander??

so once again.. not knocking you, but im sure you can see how hard it is for others to want to do this mod, but there seems to be a lack of info about how to do it.. so if you have any more info on your setup, that would be great.. otherwise remember that some of us dumb folk just need a bit more convincing that it can be done :thumbup:

DHoback

Reaction score
Visit site
It didnt affect mileage at all, because it didnt happen. I read a similar post last year. Actually, an almost identical post, but then it made 114whp. Once again no backup to the claim.....Not even a dyno sheet. (Who goes to the dyno and doesnt get a printout????)

Oh, here was that OTHER post. He was also SELLING a pair of cams.

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/fz6-mods/319126-fz6-r6-cam-shaft-mod-5.html

Last edited:

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
It didnt affect mileage at all, because it didnt happen. I read a similar post last year. Actually, an almost identical post, but then it made 114whp. Once again no backup to the claim.....Not even a dyno sheet. (Who goes to the dyno and doesnt get a printout????)

FZ6 to R6 Cam shaft mod - Page 5 - Sportbikes.net

Yea I read that whole thing. That disappointed me. Though I am off to my local dealer this weekend to talk it over with them.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

FZ6 to R6 Cam shaft mod - Page 5 - Sportbikes.net

YES!!! that was one of the funniest threads.. i remember this kid... he was all upset because people didnt care that he could wheelie with a chick on the back of his bike.. just a troll :rolleyes:

but teh argument was sound, with enough time and money anything is possible.. sure parts are interchangable, but you would have to really know what you are doing to make it work.. not as simple as just dropping it in.. :thumbup:

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I know for sure it is possible as a gentlemen from my dealer has an R6 and has actually put an FZ6 cam into it. I don't know why, but he did! Saw the paper work and even talked to the mechanic who has done it. For about $1000 I can have two dyno's done (stock and with the cams) as well as a PCIII and the cams installed.