R6 swingarm?

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone thought of swapping for the R6 swingarm? Man I would love to but there's very little chance that I will ever do it myself.. If you want a linkage-type rear shock here's your chance:)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNp6xqcNFsQ&feature=channel"]YouTube - Fz6 Laser X[/ame]

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i think someone here has looked into it but it cost more money than it was worth doing.. not 100% on that though

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I always get p*ssed when people tell me, "Buy an R6" when they see the mods I've done, but in this case I'm not sure if it is worth the effort. I emailed with the guy in Portugal who owns the bike. He had a friend do the mod for him. His friend is a machinist of some type in the aviation industry. Lots of one off work is required.

That said that mod is totally cool and if you could pull it off you'd be totally hero.

The problem I see with this is you've got two other mods to do in order to pull this off. 1) Exhaust - which really isn't too hard. An R6/R6S system will do the trick with the help of custom bracket. 2) Two big holes under the fender. You could probably relocate the plate to fill the holes. Probably not too hard to do but something to consider.

Here's the link over to SBN on the thread > R6r swingarm on Fz6 - Sportbikes.net

Last edited:

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I figured there would be a lot of customizing to make it work so like I said, I probably won't do it. Wish I had the resources though.. Like you said. Totally cool mod! I was just curious if anyone was considering it:)