R6 Forks for Sale $125

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That was right kind of you Pete!
A great Deal for Someone even if shipping's $30 bucks!

If you ever spy upon Raven Black front fender late R6s drop me a PM! ;)

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
That's a great deal for the forks but it's too late for me.
i've done the mode 2 years ago :eek:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
^^^ You're welcome, good luck with the transaction. When racers clean out the garage you can really get some good deals. :D

D

Dave.TX

Haven't upgraded my stock forks yet, was just going to go with Racetech springs and emulators. R6 upgrade requires machining to the triple trees, right?

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't upgraded my stock forks yet, was just going to go with Racetech springs and emulators. R6 upgrade requires machining to the triple trees, right?

I would love to hear the answer to this, as I do not have the machining capabilities and would need to pay someone to do it. If it does require machining, anyone got a guesstimate on what it would cost to pay someone?

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
No R6S forks fit directly to Fz6 triple tree.
They are all 43mm diameter.
So you'll just need some spacers to fit them.

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
No R6S forks fit directly to Fz6 triple tree.
They are all 43mm diameter.
So you'll just need some spacers to fit them.

And I imagine if I get these forks, I can find someone that has these spacers and where they got them on this forum. Otherwise I can just ask others who have done the mod but not posted the details:D

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
Just transferred him the money. $150 shipped! Thanks again Hellgate, just barely got my new bike stock, and I got a bunch of stuff for it already. Taking pictures and all, hopefully post everything after tax season when I get more time.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just transferred him the money. $150 shipped! Thanks again Hellgate, just barely got my new bike stock, and I got a bunch of stuff for it already. Taking pictures and all, hopefully post everything after tax season when I get more time.

You too could be in this boat:
If you ever spy upon Raven Black front fender late R6s drop me a PM!

The kicker is the 70series front tire won't fit. You need the 60 series front tire and the stock R6S fender and then no adapter parts are needed to secure your fender.

Looks like you got an Axle too. SO - with the proper axle spacers (Axle and Brake Calipers) you're pretty much there. Read that list of threads and glean what you can. Post up what's missing to solve your install.

** CRITICAL **
you can't just bolt them. You need to buy other materials. . .

D

Dave.TX

Congrats on scoring the forks! I was too late. Maybe next time...

I was under the impression that it wasn't a simple swap but now that I've gone through some other posts I see it's easier than I thought.

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site

The kicker is the 70series front tire won't fit. You need the 60 series front tire and the stock R6S fender and then no adapter parts are needed to secure your fender.

Looks like you got an Axle too. SO - with the proper axle spacers (Axle and Brake Calipers) you're pretty much there. Read that list of threads and glean what you can. Post up what's missing to solve your install.

** CRITICAL **

Thanks for the advice, I need all the help I can get. And I'll keep an eye out for you and me haha

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on scoring the forks! I was too late. Maybe next time...

I was under the impression that it wasn't a simple swap but now that I've gone through some other posts I see it's easier than I thought.

Thanks! I will make sure I try to document everything and maybe mention some things that were assumed or missed in some other threads to hopefully keep adding to the great write ups and get to a point where an illiterate person can do the mod. :wav:

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site

** CRITICAL **

Um...most likely stupid noob question. Does this mean new wheel or existing wheel will still work?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Um...most likely stupid noob question. Does this mean new wheel or existing wheel will still work?

FZ6 wheels are R6 wheels. The FZ fender and 70 series tire will work fine. There are many threads on this mod.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6 wheels are R6 wheels. The FZ fender and 70 series tire will work fine. There are many threads on this mod.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

True - they do but you need some custom parts machined. If you just happened to need new tires anyway - buy the fender and change to 60series tire.

I'm in the hunt looking for a good deal for 08 Raven color BUT only after I wear out the BT-016's Pro's to drop it in w/a sixty series tire. Make sense?

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
True - they do but you need some custom parts machined. If you just happened to need new tires anyway - buy the fender and change to 60series tire.

I'm in the hunt looking for a good deal for 08 Raven color BUT only after I wear out the BT-016's Pro's to drop it in w/a sixty series tire. Make sense?

I guess I am just gonna see how it plays out with finding a front fender. I have at least one more season left on the current tires, and if I run into a fender during that time I'll just change to 60s, otherwise I can just find the mod on here (I think BD43 did it) and keep the 70s. Thanks guys