r6 fork mods

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry I don't know, but am also planing on switching my stock front forks to a R6 forks so yeah my fellow riders, please help up us out... Yeah am asking my self the same question too. I got '05 Fz6... Thanks all.:thumbup:

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
The 03/04 R6 and the 06+ R6S forks are exactly the same, but try to look for the R6S simply because they are newer.

If you have an 04-06 you have to also get the R6 calipers, but the 07-08 calipers are pretty close to the R6, not sure if they fit the forks though, maybe someone else can chime in on that.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, 03/04 R6 or 06+ R6S forks is what you need. And yes, you'll also need the R6 calipers to go with them as the FZ6 calipers won't work. While you're at it, upgrade the front brake lines to stainless steel. It makes all the difference in the world in braking.

I did the swap last winter on my '06 and I've got '07 R6S forks on now. The ability to adjust the front suspension is a huge advantage over the stock forks and makes the bike much more enjoyable to ride.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The 03/04 R6 and the 06+ R6S forks are exactly the same, but try to look for the R6S simply because they are newer.

If you have an 04-06 you have to also get the R6 calipers, but the 07-08 calipers are pretty close to the R6, not sure if they fit the forks though, maybe someone else can chime in on that.

If you have an '07 and up, the brake calipers will fit the R6/and R6S fork with the aid of the needed spacers/washers.