R6 Fairing kit?

lazerfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone ever attempted to attach 2007 R6 fairings to a 07 FZ6?

is anyone good with photo shop to do a teaser pic for shots and goggles?

thanks

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
The only good attempt I remember was Oso2k's r6 fairing swap on an 05. Look it up on SBN if its was not re-posted here. He did a pretty good job with it but even then it seemed like it was so much effort and custom cutting & bracketing work for something that ends up looking a little weird. The custom fit will have its potential safety hazards because of clearance issues. I know some people had this with custom fit bellypans. So I think its just introducing a lot of pain in your life for no good reason. Can it be done? Of course. But you would probably go thru an annoying period of trial and error until you get it perfect. Its probably easiest to go streetfighter if you hate your fairing. Or get an R6 if you want the r6 fairing IMO.

lazerfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
attachment.php

Photo chop mock up

the kid wants $100 for a set of R6 fairings...i enjoy the naked look, but with plastics that cheap i'd figure i'd toss around the idea

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
you mean like this? :eyebrow:
2011-Yamaha-FZ6R-1.jpg

The new FZ6's do have a nice look to them, but I'm not sure if I like them better than the naked version. 100$ for fairing is super cheap when they are going for 3 to 4 times that for the ones that should fit. I would wonder about how much work it would take to make the brackets work, and the customizing of the fairing as well to fit.