Question

Key5

Reaction score
Visit site
Bikebiz, I couldn't agree more with your comment about the masses not knowing what they really want. It does take years to figure it out :)

RJ2112, I'm totally looking forward to the "peaky" - never had that in my VFR. Damn thing is so smooth, it makes me feel like I'm in a vacuum. Hell, give me a kick in the pants. That's what I want from a motorcycle. Let me know you're there with me - HOOAH!!!

Willard, I know I'll agree with you when I get my new FZ6. I know I'll love the damed thing because it will be real. Not like my brother-in-law's Accord (and my VFR). The bike will make me sit up and take notice. I'm looking forward to that :)

Dealer called me today. Bike is ready. Signing the papers tomorrow at 4:00 pm USA Central Time. I won't sleep a lick tonight. If I do, it will be filled with dreams about my new deep blue baby FZ! Ha!! I feel like a kid on Xmas eve :)

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
One Word... VTEC :) Seriously though, the VFR is a bad ass bike and choosing between the 2 just based on possible top speed is a bit rediculous.. You will prob never see the top speed of either of them.. If I could find a pearl white vfr at the right price I would snag it without a 2nd thought.. They look AMAZING in pearl with that black wheel on a single sided swing arm.. Hot!

Cochiez

Reaction score
Visit site
I love the VFT 800, but not a fan of VTEC. also find that Hondas usually feel a bit tight for me.

If the new VFR1200 hadn't turned into a "luxury" grand tourer I may have found a new love.

Lightndattic

Reaction score
Visit site
I love my FZ6 with all my heart, but if I had the chance to own a 2007 25th Anniversary VFR, I'd sell the FZ6 in a heartbeat and wouldn't ever look back.

Yes, it's heavier and maintenance might be much harder, but damn that's one sweet looking bike (a riding buddy of mine has this exact bike).

Pure beauty:

c895d4a7.jpg

Plus, it would match my X-11 perfectly! :thumbup:

0c90_20.jpg

Got $6300? Send it to me, I'll pick up the bike for you.

2007 Honda VFR800

Key5

Reaction score
Visit site
AdamDJ,

I agree, basing any purchase on just a top speed comparison would be ridiculous. If you read my first post you'd see I'm not quite that shallow. I'm also interested in 1/4 mile times too :D !!

uclajoebruin

Reaction score
Visit site
I was actually in the same boat not too long ago. I switched from an 02 VFR800 to an 05 FZ6.

Pretty big difference in power delivery between the two. The VFR put down more torque in the lower revs. I always felt like I was reving the FZ6 higher to get the same feel, but that makes sense seeing that the FZ6 has about 3-4000 extra revs to play with before redline.

I think the thing that I very much welcomed was just the difference in weight. The FZ6 is definitely more flickable and is easier to handle at parking lot speeds. Ergos are also more upright, and the wide handlebars really let you manhandle the FZ6 more so than the VFR.

Overall, I think you'll enjoy the new bike once you get used to the differences. :thumbup: