Question - What speed at 8000revs, 3rd gear

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure about the speed, I'll be able to check for you in a few minutes...but the buzzing metallic sound you are hearing is probably your clutch lever, try bringing the lever in a little bit and see if it goes away. Dont engage the clutch, just tap it a little. It's fairly common with our bikes around 8k, I upgraded to Pazzo levers and the noise went away.

WeWonItThreeTimes

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure about the speed, I'll be able to check for you in a few minutes...but the buzzing metallic sound you are hearing is probably your clutch lever, try bringing the lever in a little bit and see if it goes away. Dont engage the clutch, just tap it a little. It's fairly common with our bikes around 8k, I upgraded to Pazzo levers and the noise went away.

Nice one, will try it. If You can check the speed i'll be gratefull.

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Clutch cable was checked and lubricated on monday. So i doubt thats the problem. Will check it anyway though

As for the keys - you mean ignition keys? Theres only Xena key attached to it and its not this, already checked

The cable won't have anything to do with the lever vibrating. Next time you're riding, and you hear it, put a couple fingers on the lever and see if the sound stops.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
So I just got back from running to a Dr. appointment.

In 3rd gear @ 7k I was ~51mph (82km/h) and @ 8k ~60mph (96.5km/h)

Although I should mention I am geared -1 in the front so my revs probably will not match yours, decent starting point though.

FizzySix

Drunken Philosopher
Reaction score
Visit site
Rochester riders dominate this thread? :rockon:

At 8k rpm in third gear with stock gearing you should be traveling at 66.2 mph (106.5 kph).

As for what could be causing it: you mentioned in your other thread that the dealer adjusted the chain...too tight now? That would be a function of speed not rpm, easy enough to check yourself. Beyond that all I can suggest is wiggling/tightening things until the noise stops....or get earplugs ;)

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello mates

Dude, please check the chain adjustment, last week my fz was on its last warranty service - here in Colombia we just have 12000kms or 1 year of warraty what happens first - and the mechanic left the chain pretty tight and the bike was making strange noises, at the next day the chain was adjusted properly and the noises dissappeared

Hope this helps, cheers!!

WeWonItThreeTimes

Reaction score
Visit site
Right, 3rd gear, 8k, around 109km/h. So more or less the same

Hello mates

Dude, please check the chain adjustment, last week my fz was on its last warranty service - here in Colombia we just have 12000kms or 1 year of warraty what happens first - and the mechanic left the chain pretty tight and the bike was making strange noises, at the next day the chain was adjusted properly and the noises dissappeared

Hope this helps, cheers!!

Wonder if the mechanic with 12yrs experience at Yamaha would do such a mistake but will give it a go nevertheles, cheers

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Right, 3rd gear, 8k, around 109km/h. So more or less the same

Wonder if the mechanic with 12yrs experience at Yamaha would do such a mistake but will give it a go nevertheles, cheers

"bit" of a difference here, the mechanic that adjusted my chain is a novice guy, at the end the experienced mechanic adjusted the bike in company of the novice one so fortunately now he knows how to do it properly, the thing was that the day I took my bike to the service the proper guy was not available and I didn't know until the end of the day :spank:

I hope you can have the fizzer as good as you want it and as it should be as soon as possible :thumbup:

WeWonItThreeTimes

Reaction score
Visit site
I took a control, easy ride today and what i discovered is that its front that is causing this noise (i think). The engine stay calm, while the front fork, upper clamp and the frame is vibrating. Basically the whole front. While it's also happening while on N, its not the wheel nor the brakes. So, engine of my head, what in the hell it might be then???

EDIT:
Sorry,checked again,its not the front, its defo the engine :( Help...

Last edited:

WeWonItThreeTimes

Reaction score
Visit site
Right, just came back from Yamaha, mechanics said it's alright, that i shouldnt be worried about it. I trust them as they've been working there for ages.

The only thing am gonna do is change oil, i've done > 3k on it so an earlier change wont do any harm. Just been thinking if i should change an oil filter as well...

Thanks everyone for their help, will update You with the progress

Edit:
Nothing changed after an oil change. Also, in the other garage they said it's not correct. Will have to visit Yama again, those vibrations are horrible...

Last edited:

WeWonItThreeTimes

Reaction score
Visit site
bttt, any ideas lads and lasses?

Edit:
Now then, i solved the problem (i think). Turns out that vibrations were caused by the screws that holds my crashpads, they were not screwed down enough! Only thing is - they screw out themselves. I checked this morning end they were not tight enough. need to get new screws i guess. Or crash pads :D

Last edited: