Question on replacing turn signals

LesL60

Reaction score
Visit site
Have to replace some fairing parts since my son tipped the bike over.

Bought fairing parts new. Decided to get integrated brake/signal lights and integrated signal/parking lights from the2wheels site and the sequential brake light/turn signal tail light from Motodynamic while I have the bike partly disassembled.

My question is what do you do with the odd shaped recess in the fairing for the front turn signal stalks? The new signals have a threaded stud only.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You should be able to purchase adapters that will fit you bike. You might see if there's a Cycle Gear near you. They usually have those.

Also. It sounds like you're installing those integrated directional stalks that carry the brake light signal etc. If they're the ones I'm thinking of you'll need an extra cheap diode on the brake circuit.

LesL60

Reaction score
Visit site
I've ordered the relays that correct the flash rate, too. As to adapters, do you mean the Speedmetal turn signal fairing spacers? Does the Yamaha 2 spacer work on the FZ6 fairing holes? That would be awesomely easy.

Thanks for your reply.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've ordered the relays that correct the flash rate, too. As to adapters, do you mean the Speedmetal turn signal fairing spacers? Does the Yamaha 2 spacer work on the FZ6 fairing holes? That would be awesomely easy.

Thanks for your reply.

As far as the spacers are concerned I would physically match them unlees there is a kit made specifically for your application.

On the diode I am talking about. It's does not have to do with flash rate but instead a problem that occurred with 2 other members with a specific multifunctional directional signal stalk. If yours are this model you will probably experience the same problem with the logic switching when the brake is applied. It is corrected using a 1 amp or greater diode for forward only bias when the brake is applied. I know that this reverse bias occurs with the incandescent brake light bulb and may or may not with an integrated LED brake light assembly.

Please check out this thread. http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-electrical/43909-what-the2wheels-dont-tell-you-led-stalks.html