question for you guys who already have a FZ6

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have to keep telling the people at work that too! During the week I keep the topcase and tank bag on, mostly because it's urban camoflage. Keeps the po po in the dark:BLAA:
Hahaha i do the same thing..and its just so much more practical.
The beauty of it is, even though it's not a crotch rocket, it's every bit as fast (almost) as one so it's like a wolf in sheep's clothing that way.

There are a great bunch of helpful guys on here and as far as I can tell, no trolls at all (which is a rarity).

Agreed. This forum has very knowledgeable people who are always helpful.

Welcome to the forum. Youll be happy with the fz.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Took it for a ride and was sold. Absolutely stock except for a gear indicator. Not sure why he needed it, but whatever. Strange thing is it doesn't seem to register unless you are moving. Tires are new. A little leaning forward, have to see how it feels on a long ride. Has 8000 miles, excellent condition. Paid $3000 for it. This thing is very quiet. Strangely so. Shifting gears seems loud but I think its just because the engine is so quiet.
Welcome to the fold.

The seating is quite comfortable. I can sit a bit forward in the seat in sit almost straight up or slid back a bit and lean.

When I was learning to drive I always wished there was a gear indicator on my dash board. Years later I owned a (Still own) a 2004 GTO. The modding community figured a way to activate a gear indicator on the dash. I had a buddy that had it done. Amazingly annoying for some reason. Once you understand how an engine runs/ manual tranny rides, you don't need it. You barely need a tach.

A set of aftermarket slip on pipes will really smooth out the power band. Highly recommended.

long101

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the FZ6 world. I've had my bike for a few months and am loving it. I paid 1500 bucks more for mine and still think I got a great deal. Its such a blast to ride, its even enjoyable when your not red lining it. I have a horrible back and it hurts less being on the bike then sitting in a car, probably because I can stretch out. I'm sure I will eventually want a liter bike, but there is no need for an upgrade.

Rover da Niga

Reaction score
Visit site
I own my second FZ6 from 2011, and until now it have 42K. My previous FZ6 I sold it with 69K

Old FZ6:
DSCN2375.JPG

DSCN4522.JPG

New FZ6:
DSCF2354.JPG

DSC_0364.jpg

blairvt

Reaction score
Visit site
I love the bags. is there a way to get them without the top case and the top case mount? i just want to put the side bags on

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
how much for the slip on pipes? I don't like real loud.

It varies. I run two bikes. Blue has a set of Scorpion ovals. No baffles. They are loud. Red was stock for a year or so and has run Leo Vince carbon fiber w/ baffles for the past couple years. It is @ half way between stock and the Scorpions with the LV+ baffles installed. Take out one screw and pull and the baffle will slid out. Then it is as loud or louder than the Scorp. I got the LV's on a clearance deal for cheep, @ $400. The Scorps were on the bike when I bought it. Double can set ups tend to run @ $800 I think.

Rover da Niga

Reaction score
Visit site
I love the bags. is there a way to get them without the top case and the top case mount? i just want to put the side bags on

The truth is, I'm not sure :shakehead: Because my current attachment (fit Givi and Kappa brands) for the side bags goes mounted to the same structure that support the Topcase.

So I don't know if such a thing exist for other brand of sidebags. Anyway in my personal opinion, you can use the same structure that support mine, but not using the Topcase. I drove in both modes, with only Topcase, and with only Side bags, depending of the needs. And of course with all the bags attached, like the pic.

blairvt

Reaction score
Visit site
I found Givi makes a side mount only, exactly what I'm looking for. What size bags are those? I'm thinking of the smallest Givi makes, can't remember the number. I think they would be a good fit. Something like $385 from competition accessories. Anyone know where to get a better price? Anybody make cheaper bags than Givi that still fit the Givi mounts?

massaudio

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. I have owned my 05 for two years now, and havent regretted it one bit !!! I plan on putting on some M4 slipons this winter. Look them up on e-bay, and on you tube. They are suppose to have a REALLY nice sound, and not too loud. Again, welcome, and have fun tearing it up with that fizzer !!

polydoc

Reaction score
Visit site
in the middle of the spectrum i am 6'2" with 34" inseam and the FZ6 gives me nasty knee pains if i ride it more than 200 miles.

Still love it, it is my first bike.

I hae an 06 and LOVE it. I get so many compliments and with the upgrades I have i can keep up with most bikes out the road. I am 6'4" also a 34" inseam and I already have bad knees and after just a regular day of running errands etc, and especially after 100+ mile runs my knees are killing me. just did a 2000 mile ride and thank God i was with my dad who's a doctor and could treat my pain. I had to use a "pro pad" and folded up travel blanket to raise my seat height an inch or two just to make it through the trip. But I just recently bought some pegs that are an inch lower than stock and the yamaha comfort seat. I haven't gone on any long trips But my knees have not hurt and the riding position is MUCH more comfortable just from the 1" drop. I LOVE the bike, its my second bike but my first (suzuki gs500) i only had a few hundred miles on, and I've put about 400 miles on my dads trick Super Tenere 1200, but I still love my bike. Any tall riders out there I would highly recommend the lowering pegs they're only about $100 and very well made (Knight Rider brand i believe). I will probably have my seat raised an inch or so with something more comfortable but It is not as necessary around town and on shorter trips. Buy an FZ6 you will love it. I've never ridden anything super fast but these things are fun and if you know how to work the gear box you can always keep the rpms up and have awesome power output. Really no need to get anything bigger/faster until you can utilize all the power and capabilities of the fz6. And i've hit 150 on it and theres definitely nothing in me wishing i could've gone faster.

spacefrog

Reaction score
Visit site
personally I would spend a little bit more money and get the 2007, it has the better frame and looks better in black, a much better bike for your money, will keep its money too...

atticuss66

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the bike...I just bought a 2007 in May and having a blast.

It already had 2 bros slip on exhaust...super loud so I installed dB killers.

was going to get a Ninja 300 but i'm glad I didn't:rockon: