Question for tall members!

goran21220

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'5" and 190 ib and it's a true nightmare finding a gear that fits!Online shopping is out of the question,everything i plan to buy i have to try first.Im looking for good pair of riding pants or jeans.Anybody here with my size that can sugest something?

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you tried fitting some gear at a local bike shop, remember the size and the make, model.... then check it out online for a better deal. I'm not that tall but it works for me.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
What's your inseam? I'm 6'2, but all my height is in the torso. So I got normal pants and an Olympia Bushwacker jacket (longer than normal)

It works for me.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'7", 215lbs (more importantly: pants 34~36 waist by 36 inseam; shirt 37~38 sleeve, 16.5 collar, 44~45 chest) and I do all of my gear shopping online. I've made a few mistakes but most websites are really good about exchanges and if you call or email first, they are usually really good about helping you find the right size. That being said, I've yet to find a local shop (even cycle gear) that carries tall sizes. We are too much of a minority to be worth it to them.

I can tell you from experience that Fieldsheer's tall sizes are a good fit and run true to their listed sizes (but they only offer 2 pairs of pants in talls). Joe Rocket tall sizes are NOT really talls. The body on their jackets seem about right but the sleeves are only about an inch longer than their standard sizes. First Gear jackets seem to fit the best of anything I've tried so far. Shift offers tall sizes, but their pants weren't tall enough (they list their talls as having a 34.5 inseam) and I haven't quite talked myself into ordering a jacket from them yet. I haven't looked, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a tall motorcyclist community out there somewhere......why didn't I think of this earlier......

Anyways, good luck. Oh and I hope you like black, most tall gear doesn't give you a color option.

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah i'm 6ft6, 180lbs and cant find really anything in stores that fits me nice :rant: motorcycle gear or normal clothes...Well i can always wear my baggy pants and big hoodie but i'm not a gangsta :(

Scott

Nerd Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'5" 230 lbs and I bought these pants a couple weeks ago:

Cortech Mod Denim Pants - Motorcycle Superstore

I like them a lot. I ordered 38x34, which is what I buy when I get jeans at the mall. The only thing I would consider changing is that I might buy an inch or two longer so they come down lower when I'm in a riding position, although then they would drag when I walk.

As for jackets... no idea, haven't found a great one yet. The one I bought at the shop, I had to get big enough so the sleeves were long enough, but the waste is too big around so I can't cinch it down as tight as I would like.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'5" 230 lbs and I bought these pants a couple weeks ago:

Cortech Mod Denim Pants - Motorcycle Superstore

I like them a lot. I ordered 38x34, which is what I buy when I get jeans at the mall. The only thing I would consider changing is that I might buy an inch or two longer so they come down lower when I'm in a riding position, although then they would drag when I walk.

That's a no go hombre. 34 inseam is as long as those pants get. I would absolutely love a pair but they just don't make them long enough.