Question about Galfer steel brake line length

shannim

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all. I have a question about Galfer steel brake line length for the front. According to pashnit.com's parts list, the parts for a 2007 are:

FZ6 2007-08 FK003D585-2(front), FK003D585R (rear).

I have ROX adjustable handlebar risers on my FZ6 that gives me some rise and pullback and never had any issues with the stock rubber hoses reaching. They definitely have less slack, one could argue there's not enough, but none of the hoses appear to be stretched or restrict movement of the front fork from side to side. Have any of you use this specific Galfer part number? If so, was there enough length to account for bar risers? Should I be okay using these Galfer lines, or should I order some with an extra inch or two?

Thanks.

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
I have stainless brake lines (different company but I assume its a standard measurement), they fit fine with my bar risers on, no issues so I would say you should be safe

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have 1" risers wth 1 & 3/8" set backs. The stock lines just barely fit, were a bit taught, but did fit.

When I replaced with SS lines I had them made about 1.5" longer.(in retro spect, they didn't need to be that much longer)..

My risers are extreme so depending on how high and back yours are, I'd probably make them a tads hair longer.

shannim

Reaction score
Visit site
If I remember correctly, I installed 2" ROX Pivot Risers. They are 2" in total length, but you can rotate them to your liking for any combination of rise and pull back. So I guess the amount of slack necessary is dependent on how the lines are routed. Maybe I do need to order extra length. Once the weather gets clear enough, I'll have to go out and do some measuring.