Questiion with Power Commander III USB-EX

CHRISTOPHER

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi
I need a guide to the Power Commander maps.

My FZ6 is:

stock +
k & n filter +
coustom made exhaust

these maps are only for "X" type of brand, if my exhaust has none of those brands which maps should I use?

thank you
sorry the title

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Christopher,

The PClll is designed to be tuned on a dyno.
If you have a custom exhaust there won't be a map for your set up. In fact the maps provided are not really as accurate as they should be even if you had the exact same components. Each map is developed from tuning the bike on a dyno. It generally costs us here in the US. about $300+ for a good tune. The only way to really tell is to have an accurate sample of the exhaust to tell what the air to fuel ratio is. If you can't dyno the bike you might do better to just use the "Zero" map for a stock system.

If you have a custom exhaust, was the CAT removed? If it was the bike should be properly tuned.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

CHRISTOPHER

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks,
I bought it at $95 in a sold out, actually saw it really cheap and now I just hope to deliver it soon.
I'll take the bike to the dyno for the tune, How many hp's average increases with this little toy? :rolleyes:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a really good deal for a PClll! I think I saw around 4 hp gain at the rear wheel. That may not be accurate because I may have already gained at mid and top end from previous mods I did. My baseline was done post other mods.
Either way my bike really ran strong and we tuned it to have a decent air to fuel ratio through out to keep the motor healthy. You can tune it more aggressive but I don't know about engine life.

CHRISTOPHER

Reaction score
Visit site
I've tried others bikes and the smooth ride with my FZ is better with the K&N filter.
I hope the power commander makes the diference and yes a really good deal

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
The extra HP is nice but a good dynotune will also give you a better powerband and throttle response.

blalex624

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a BMC filter, a laser quad exhaust, (and PCIII of course) and i tried out pretty much all of the setups dynojet has to offer. the one that worked best with my setup was the one that said this in the notes

2004-2008 Yamaha FZ6
Two Brothers slip-ons
Stock or aftermarket air filter

i attached two files in this zipped folder and one is a custom map the previous owner used (much richer map) and the other is the one i just mentioned