Queensland Floods

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My road has just been closed down at Brothers Leagues Club (for the guys who know the area) its about 400 metres down the road from me & the creek across the road (approx 150mtrs) is rising fast , currently about 5-6 metres & rising :(...

If need be just watch me ride the bikes upstairs , just watch me :D

Faaaaaark!

Get those bikes upstairs buddy!

:(

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Some footage of the main road near my place. It's risen about 1/2 a meter since this arvo, and still rising...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uemcyaBXtKI]YouTube - Flooding at Fairfield Rd, Fairfield, Brisbane[/ame]

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Crazy, as I don't normally associate that level of water with Australia. Hope you guys keep safe. Thoughts and prayers with all those affected (and those who may yet be). BE SAFE!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just been out for a little bit of a looksie around town , the main street is rising about 12 inches every 10 minutes :eek: currently its under around 9 metres of water & there is still double that to go before the river peaks....

Coles supermarket up town has around 4 metres or water running through it & will go completely under sometime tonight , the local Honda/Kawasucki dealer is completely under water , the main Riverlink shopping centre's carpark is underwater & rising , its complete chaos in town at the moment :( , the power supply is getting turned of at some stage during the night & Brisbane will be turned off tomorrow morning :shakehead: Where Krishna was standing in the video is an intersection I ride through on my way to work so no work again for me tomorrow :cheer:

We are still watching the creek but the good news is the rain has finally stopped so we should see that level out a mere 30 metres short of us :thumbup:

Here is a few pics i took this arvy , the shelters in the pics are now underwater & cant be seen , water is now lapping the balcony at the football field , the sign for Worley Park is also goooooone & the water tanks are submerged....

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You know if you kiss the frog it will turn into George Clooney? :D

Glad it's stopped raining for now. 30m short? OMG. Got those bikes upstairs yet?......

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well put a chin strap on that floatation device my Brother!
On the serious side. Be safe and alert Daniel.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You know if you kiss the frog it will turn into George Clooney? :D

Glad it's stopped raining for now. 30m short? OMG. Got those bikes upstairs yet?......

Bikes are safe in the garage & we have the option of taking them to Kel's brothers if need be , but I doubt it will :thumbup:

I was hoping the frog might turn into someone more like Megan Gale :drool: :drool: :drool:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck to all the Aussies braving the floods. Especially to those Brisbane forum members. Take care,
Nelly

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A "Bundy" night?

Wow! I've been hangin round you Aussies enough that I know what a " :Bundy Night" is instantly. Never tasted it yet though so I'll have to get a bottle and park it next to my Vegemite! :rockon:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't take any chances Daniel. Get out before it becomes a danger. Be safe and we hope this gets better and no worse for all of you who are affected!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh...by the way! One shiny new rep point coming your way Mr Humpy, for letting us know what a tasty drop that American Honey is. Had a test drive of some the other night, and it is one of the nicest drop it has been my pleasure to sip away at.:thumbup:

Edit...No I won't.....but would if I could...rep point that is

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just letting you all know Humpy survived the night :cheer: The rain stopped & even let the creek level drop a little :thumbup:

As for the main street of town & all those locals in the lower lying suburbs the news is not so great :(

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh...by the way! One shiny new rep point coming your way Mr Humpy, for letting us know what a tasty drop that American Honey is. Had a test drive of some the other night, and it is one of the nicest drop it has been my pleasure to sip away at.:thumbup:

Edit...No I won't.....but would if I could...rep point that is

Glad I could be of assistance :D Everybody needs to try it , like putting heaven in your mouth :thumbup: