Reaction score
Visit site
$209 a pair at Cycle Gear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I have to assume that is the Dunlop Qualifier 2?

have you used those before? I have heard they are a great bargain but only last 4,000 miles or so?

Also, I do not see this price on Cycle Gear, comes to $291 for a set of 120/70/17 & 190/55/17 Q2's, for that price I'd rather get Road 2's.

Last edited:

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have to assume that is the Dunlop Qualifier 2?

have you used those before? I have heard they are a great bargain but only last 4,000 miles or so?

I bought my FZ a year ago January, the PO had just put a brand new Q2 on the rear. And it was definitely brand new, sticker still on it. The tire performed well, great grip in the twisties and on wet pavement.

I got about 4500 miles on it before it needed to go due to tread wear. Replaced with a PR2, 4K miles in and still looks new.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my FZ a year ago January, the PO had just put a brand new Q2 on the rear. And it was definitely brand new, sticker still on it. The tire performed well, great grip in the twisties and on wet pavement.

I got about 4500 miles on it before it needed to go due to tread wear. Replaced with a PR2, 4K miles in and still looks new.

I have 2CT's on now and with 4,500 miles on them they will easily get 6,000 miles and stick like glue on the corners, I'm sold on Michelins.

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll never know how good they are because after installing the Metzeler Z8, I have no need to try anything else :)
Shameless plug for Metzeler, but :rockon:

jbwaterman84

Born to ride
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had the Q2's on mine, stuck great in corners but not good for slab. Got about 7k miles out of them before they squared. Much happier now with the PR2's, although they don't stick as well.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wawawa. What a bunch of whiny beeotces... Geeez. I'm just trying to communicate a good deal.

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
Wawawa. What a bunch of whiny beeotces... Geeez. I'm just trying to communicate a good deal.

I appreciate it, any chance you found a deal on some sport touring tires? :cheer: