puig windscreens help !

adamrmac

Yamaholic
Reaction score
Visit site
I want to cut my puig windscreen down , didnt realize that it was higher than the stock when I ordered it ! Iam kind of thinking using a dremel tool but want some advice ! any help please !

tjhess74

boo-yah!
Reaction score
Visit site
i have a stock screen i send you if you cover shipping and packing materials. its not perfect...some blemishes/scratches. i guess it depends on how flawless you want it to be.

as for your question, i would use a dremel with a cut off wheel. put some masking tape over your cutting area and draw the best cut line you can on that tape. after the cut, use some fine sandpaper to clean up any rough spots.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you can get car door edging from auto zone for a few dollars to use on the edge once you cut it.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
as for your question, i would use a dremel with a cut off wheel. put some masking tape over your cutting area and draw the best cut line you can on that tape. after the cut, use some fine sandpaper to clean up any rough spots.

Exactly how I cut mine. Came out very good.

joehon22

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm curious, which version did you purchase, the "Racing Windscreen" or the standard? I'm currently looking to buy the racing varient, and have the same aversion to a tall windscreen. :(

BamBam77

Old but still riding
Reaction score
Visit site
If high screen is bothering you cut it down to top of fairing braces
then add some vinyl to black it out
picture.php