Puig Windscreen for '07

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anybody know the dimension of the PUIG touring screen? I can't seem to find that info anywhere on the internet. Is it 3", 4" or what taller and wider? I am wondering how it compares to stock and the Yamaha touring screen in size.
Thanks,
Dani

SlowRider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Puig Racing is a +5cm and Puig Touring seems to be a +10cm
Puig Touring is 48cm tall.
48cm = 18.8976 inches
+5cm = +1.96850 inches
+10cm = +3.93701 inches
When i say + it means that you add this to the original size screen.

Here you can find screens on this site :
BS-Motoparts Store - Tuning, Styling & Protection. 2007-
This guy also sales from ebay.

Here's my pic of an original Yamaha vs a Puig Racing :

Can't tell you more about this because i've just installed this Puig racing screen.

Regards from France.

Last edited:

Jeremiah

Reaction score
Visit site
I think we can all agree they look sweet. Can I get some more comments on how much better they protect in the wind & at what speeds? This is my #1 concern.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Well, I haven't been on the motorway yet, but below 55 I haven't felt any wind at all. It's great!

I expect that I'll feel some wind as I get on the motorway, but I'm not sure how much yet.

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
how tall are you Doorag? I am 5'8", so I am wondering if the racing screen may be enough and not get the touring for highway use.
Dani

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I promised to give my feedback on the screen once I had a chance to really test it out. I got to do my long commute for the first time since I've changed the screen, so I thought I'd do a quick post.

Um, the difference is amazing! SOOOOO much better than the stock screen. Up to almost 80, I may as well be riding 40. It totally transformed my ride.

In the interest of, ahem... 'research' I took it up to +100 to see what it was like. Well, that's a lie really. What really happened was that I wasn't paying attention to how fast I was going (focusing on the road) and without the wind buffeting my head all around I didn't realise I was over a ton! I looked down and was completely surprised.

I know other people have said this before, but I'll add my voice to the choir - if you do any serious motorway/highway miles you really should do this mod. - unless you like being thrashed by the wind, that is.

Last edited:

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
how tall are you Doorag? I am 5'8", so I am wondering if the racing screen may be enough and not get the touring for highway use.
Dani

I'm 6'1" and don't have any trouble. In fact, when I got down behind it this morning and I was +100mph, I didn't even have to lie on the tank to have totally clean air. That's saying something too - you haven't seen my beer gut. :eek:

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice review! You've convinced me to get the screen once I get the bike. Hopefully, by Sunday. They still need to locate a cobalt blue bike for me.
Dani

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
just ordered the racing screen and some frame sliders. The stock screen is not very good, even for my mostly city riding and I am only 5'8".
Dani

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
You won't be sorry. I'm 6'5" and the Puig racing screen made a huge difference. The air coming off the stock screen was extremely turbulent and hit me right in the throat. While I still get plenty of wind, the air is so clean that 80 eally does feel like 40 used to feel with the old screen. As a brand new rider, it gave me much more confidence at speed.

Rob2222

Reaction score
www.rob2222.de
Before I open a new thread ....

Hello
if you have a PUIG screen at you FZ6 Fazer S2 2007/2008, could you maybe post a picture and say if it is a touring or a racing screen?
BR Robert

I would like to view the mounted difference between the two.

BR Robert

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
Before I open a new thread ....

Hello
if you have a PUIG screen at you FZ6 Fazer S2 2007/2008, could you maybe post a picture and say if it is a touring or a racing screen?
BR Robert

I would like to view the mounted difference between the two.

BR Robert

07 w/ PUIG Racing Screen. Not a great pic, but I hope it serves your pupose.

I am 6'-7", so I get wind, but it is nothing like the standard screen. I like it alot, and have no intentions of changing it this winter. I have thought about cutting my factory down for the summer to get a little extra wind.

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
This is mine, it's Puig Dark Smoke Racing Screen:

ghost_fizzer.jpg

I'm 6'3 and it made a huge difference. Cruising at higher speeds (at any speed really) is much more comfortable. I'm never taking it off!

Rob2222

Reaction score
www.rob2222.de
Thank you.
But it looks like almost no one has the Puig Touring screen that is still 5cm larger. Would really know how it looks, cause I can't decide which to order.

BR Robert

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
I have seen pics of that Touring screen before, but it looks aweful, trust me. Get the Racing, it's more than enough.

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
here's mine

For a second there I wondered how you managed to get a picture of my FZ.:) Then I noticed that you you still have the "Puig" sticker on the upper right edge - I removed mine. Also looks like you have the T-Rex sliders, I have OES. It looks like you have the same bar-ends as me. Didn't you used to have a painted windscreen?

rusty1

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you.
But it looks like almost no one has the Puig Touring screen that is still 5cm larger. Would really know how it looks, cause I can't decide which to order.

BR Robert

Touring screen on my bike. I am in process of setting it up for touring and this has been a GREAT mod - wind buffeting massively reduced. Dark smoke Puig. Some love it some dont but it's right for me. :Flip: I'm going fully faired so it will blend in nicely.:thumbup:
Note, my bike has oem knuckle visors which change appearance of screen indirectly by increasing height of fairing.
Hope this helps