Puig Windscreen 06

gain

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got a 06 FZ6 on Saturday and I love it so far! I have been thinking of changing the windscreen to a dark smoke Puig. However, I have been unable to find anything online. It seems like they only have 07+ and upto 05. Anyone have a link? Also, how hard are they to install, is it just a couple screws?

Thanks!

They are super easy to install (5 plastic screws) but as you already found out, not so easy to find.

If you do find a source I would be interested in getting one too.

Welcome, btw this is the best bike forum on the web

Cool guys..

Thanks for the links.

For those who have it already would you please tell your impression of the riding experience with the puig installed?

Wind noise?
Buffeting?
Difference from stock screen?

You know.. that kind of thing

Thanks

I had that on my bike... swapped it for the stock screen before going on a long motorway journey.. the buffeting/noise was helped but not much... I'd say that the puig screen's looks more then make up for what you loose in comfort..:thumbup:

TIP: when you swap screens, fish out the 2 rubber liners that remain wedged in the front recesses on the fairing.. and apply them to the new screen's edges before trying to push it in place.... I was scratching my head for 20 min before i figured that one out...

I cut 4-5 in off of my stock screen and like it better than the puig, but only for the noise and buffiting. When it got cold a few weeks ago i switch to the puig for a little more protection.

after i got mine installed the first ride i noticed the wind noise was worse. the new screen chaneled wind directly to the base of helmet. I'm only 5ft 10 so taller or shorter people may get different results.

I bought my bike which had the Puig already installed on it. The buffeting is extreme and I have considered getting rid of this screen and go back to a stock screen which I would cut down a few more inches.

An idea came to mind, so I went to a local Partsource and picked up a pack of $4.99 rubber spacers (see pic). I removed the small plastic screw that holds the nose of the windscreen to the fairing (pic 2) and wedged the spacer between the windscreen and the fairing (pics 3 and 4).

Immediately I noticed that it is completely silent if I ride with my head tucked behind the windscreen (which did not happen before opening this gap), and I also noticed that the airflow that hits my helmet is no longer turbulent so it doesn't create that terrible low frequency pulsing under my helmet.

I will be going on a 500km ride tomorrow so I will definitely have more to say afterwards!

Update from my 500k ride today:

The (highly annoying and tiresome) low frequency pulsing is GONE! There is still wind noise, and that is probably because of my height (5' 6") so the wash from the top of the Puig windscreen, even though it's no longer turbulent, hits me somewhere between the bottom edge of my helmet (Shoei Qwest) and the top of the visor. It is still quieter if I stand on my pegs, so I'm going to pick up a stock windscreen to see if that helps with the wind noise.

This is a definite improvement. At the end of my ride my ears were not ringing and I am not as tired as I was on my first 500k ride up north.

Back