Puig Racing Windscreen Trim?

flsurflover

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently ordered and received a Puig Racing Windscreen for my '06 FZ6. It arrived with no windscreen trim for the top edge. I just checked with the supplier I purchased from and they say they aren't supplied with trim. Did anyone else get trim with their Puig double bubble (specifically the '06 or earlier version)?
I know this can be purchased or begged from bike shops separately, just want to know if it has been supplied to others with the windscreen or not.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have trim on mine you can order some dorman edge trim on amazon or summit and get it black puig is a clear one that deteriorates yellow over time

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
I had it with the trims in the box. But not the upper side, just the edges as a joint.

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
for my 05 DB screen it came with trim that didn't really fit anywhere useful so I left it off and am a happy camper.

flsurflover

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. Only reason I ask is because I remember reading a thread when I was researching the Puig Racing windscreen that said someone was suprised when they tried a windscreen without the trim, and then added the trim to the top edge, that there seemed to be a noticeable positive effect with the trim. Seems like any difference would be very small if any, but would be an easy/cheap thing for me to try. I spend 40 minutes each way of my daily work commute at 80-85mph actual, so any small difference would still be appreciated.

So far I've tried stock, cut down stock, and Puig Racing with no trim. The Puig Racing is the better so far at reducing windblast and buffetting over stock slightly, but it is not a huge difference. Windnoise is not reduced with any of them and earplugs need to be used, properly inserted INTO the ear canals. When it gets colder, I may go ahead and try the Puig Touring windscreen for more wind protection, even though many seem to experience more head buffetting.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the puig racing its a little bigger than stock and I'm 6 foot 3 and I feel it gets the air perfectly in line with my helmet for it to pass over the top sooooo much less buffeting vice the stock for wind noise I use ear buds but as for buffeting it's perfect an I recently did the fz1 bar swap and it's even better

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Thanks for the responses. Only reason I ask is because I remember reading a thread when I was researching the Puig Racing windscreen that said someone was suprised when they tried a windscreen without the trim, and then added the trim to the top edge, that there seemed to be a noticeable positive effect with the trim. Seems like any difference would be very small if any, but would be an easy/cheap thing for me to try. I spend 40 minutes each way of my daily work commute at 80-85mph actual, so any small difference would still be appreciated.

Let us know if there's a difference. My 04 Puig Double Bubble only came with trim for the small side edges. If trim up top would make a difference, I'll throw it on in a second!

So far I've tried stock, cut down stock, and Puig Racing with no trim. The Puig Racing is the better so far at reducing windblast and buffetting over stock slightly, but it is not a huge difference. Windnoise is not reduced with any of them and earplugs need to be used, properly inserted INTO the ear canals. When it gets colder, I may go ahead and try the Puig Touring windscreen for more wind protection, even though many seem to experience more head buffetting.

I've tried stock, tall Yamaha, Puig DB and recently no shield at all. The wind noise is horrible with all of them except for when the shield was totally removed. If it wasn't so darn ugly, I'd leave it that way.

Surprisingly, the wind blast didn't seem that bad with no shield, and the noise was significantly reduced. Plus, for some odd reason, the bike seemed "sharper" to ride, some sort of weird perception that I had due to not looking through a windshield and feeling closer to the front of the bike!

My recent no-windshield experiment at least gives me hope that a shield with certain holes cut in it might work.

I've been hating this wind noise ever since I bought the bike new in 2004. I shouldn't have to wear earplugs every time that I ride, but I end up doing so since the noise is so bad!

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
I have the puig racing its a little bigger than stock and I'm 6 foot 3 and I feel it gets the air perfectly in line with my helmet for it to pass over the top sooooo much less buffeting vice the stock for wind noise I use ear buds but as for buffeting it's perfect an I recently did the fz1 bar swap and it's even better

You 2007 + guys have it a lot better than us 2004-2006 guys when it comes to wind noise....

I'm almost tempted to switch to the new front end if I can't fix the problem otherwise.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
I have to apologize here, as I do have the trim installed along the top of my 2004 Puig DB shield. After I made that post, I rode home from work, and when I pulled into the garage and looked down, I realized that I had forgotten that I had the trim installed!

Anyways, the trim doesn't seem to help with regards to the nasty wind noise on the bike.