Protective Gear In Action

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice highside! I thought he was going to simply lowside and slide out. ouch...

The jacket was totally trashed.

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Well props for showing the benefits of gear but the rider is a nutcase if he highsided on purpose for the sake of making this demonstration. I wouldn't risk braking a bone on purpose ... especially when there's a good chance you're gonna land on the most important bone in your body :eek:

Davey

Reaction score
Visit site
:hijack:

Not to sound too retarded, but... Whats highside/lowside?

It's the way you fall. This is a classic highside when the rear starts to slide forward, then the tyre bites and the momentum snaps you upwards and off! Spectacular, but very painful I imagine! A lowside is when the bike slides out from underneath you. I am sure there are some videos on you tube!

The guy is a nutcase to agree to film that! :eek: Maybe he's a bad stuntman who meant to lowside but got it all wrong!!!!

Poor FZ6 too! Not a crash bung or engine guard in sight! Made me think to slow down a bit though!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No lie, LONE...I wear so much PPE for my job...drysuit,pfd,steeltoe boots, ..etc. I dont jump into freezing water just to try it out.:thumbup:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW...the most amazing part of that video, to me, is being able to see the rear wheel as it regains traction and causes the highside!

TampaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Likely that the rider did a WWF wrestling type move and added to the momentum to flip over the bike as it does not look like the bike could throw someone like that if you were actually trying to recover.

On another note, I do not understand the disparity between one government like Australia that promotes helmets and safety gear and US states that allow people to ride with no helmet. The only time I ever needed a helmet was when my bike low sided in gravel on a median trying to turn around on the interstate. If not for my helmet my head would have been hamburger. Just this morning there was article about the Congressperson who was shoot, Gifford, that she was a motorcycle advocate and a no helmet supporter who rode without a helmet. I just do not get it!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No lie, LONE...I wear so much PPE for my job...drysuit,pfd,steeltoe boots, ..etc. I dont jump into freezing water just to try it out.:thumbup:

Did you get all your buoys pulled the other day? Hahaha!
He's not joking about the icy water! :eek:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

For $10,000,000 you would suffer no injury. You would have enough money to retire in comfort and do whatever you want to do for the rest of your life.

I reckon you would do it for $100,000.

You would.

I just always call people out on the "you couldn't pay me enough to do it" because we all have a price. All of us. For everything.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For $10,000,000 you would suffer no injury. You would have enough money to retire in comfort and do whatever you want to do for the rest of your life.

I reckon you would do it for $100,000.

You would.

I just always call people out on the "you couldn't pay me enough to do it" because we all have a price. All of us. For everything.

And my price is dinner and a movie.;)

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree that everyone has their price, however, mine isnt monetary.

Yes Cliff, we did finish up that area.:rockon: Still a few more to go next week. It was ballz a$$ freezing too!:eek: We had two buoys tangled together...what a treat that was!:Flip:
Joe:thumbup:

Last edited: