Progressive International Motorcycle Show 11/15/2014 anyone coming?

2007Z6ALL-LED

Reaction score
Visit site
Long Beach, CA | motorcycleshows.com

043014-3.png

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mrs. Lefty and I went to the one up here in NorCal on November 1st. It always seems to get a little smaller each year but it's a great venue to be able to see most of the manufacturers under one roof. I was able to eliminate a few bikes I thought I was interested in and added a couple that I hadn't thought of.
:D

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
i just got back, will post pics later

the r1 looks super badass "in person." the r3 looks aces, too.

the FJ09 would seem to fit me like a glove and feels much like the FZ6 to sit on but with more legroom. it sits you differently than the FZ09, which i found awkward and too forward at first in seating position. but a Yamaha helper held it up for me and i saw how it made sense. but the FJ09 felt like i was "at home" soon as i hopped on. i also tried an FZ1. i found the bars too low for me, and the seating position a little too aggressive. it wasn't bad and i am sure i could get used to it, but it would have to be a good deal for me to try to acclimate

the FZ07? felt just as i had imagined. lightweight and narrow. kind of small, a little cramped for me. would it be a good bike for me at 6'3 and 220lbs? maybe, but when i sat on it....it sunk down, big time. maybe the suspension was adjusted soft or something? but it seemed to bottom out with me just sitting on it. felt good for a city bike and what not, but i would not want to look like an ape riding a football on it

or whatever it is? :Flash:

i want to like the FZ07 more and think it could be a bike for me in the future, but its dimensions are somewhat modest. still if felt right comfy to sit on

pics soon!!

Last edited:

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
ok, my pics suck. dumb camera phone. and why post personal pics when much better of the same thing exist just a google search away?

but rest assured if you go to an ims their will be bikes there. i promise!

zanadu

Reaction score
Visit site
I went to the one up here in San Mateo. It was cool, very crowded. Kinda wished there were a few more manufacturers such as KTM. It was informative being able to see and sit on a bunch of different bikes though, and to see the H2R in person.

Mayoisthedevil

Reaction score
Visit site
I went to the one in Scottsdale two weeks ago. I rode the VMAX and the FZ-09. The VMAX is simply amazing, and it has all of the torque, but at the end of the day I left still wanting to keep my FZ6.