International motorcycle show - Long Beach

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody going to the show in Long Beach, CA this year? I missed last year and would like to make it up to the event this year. It's the 17th-19th this month.

I'm hoping that Honda has a CB1000R to show off. :thumbup:

Aray

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys, I am 75% that I am going Sat afternoon riding north to Long Beach from San Clemente. If anyone heading north on the 5 wants to meet up. Will know defintely next week

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a ticket online. Use the promo code "IMSWEB" and you can get a 1-day ticket for $14.

My plan was to take off from SD in the morning and leave late afternoon...Kenny, that would be cool if we could meet up!

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will be there with some other folks, probably in the morning on Saturday though for some demo rides.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a ticket online. Use the promo code "IMSWEB" and you can get a 1-day ticket for $14.

My plan was to take off from SD in the morning and leave late afternoon...Kenny, that would be cool if we could meet up!

Name the Time and Place and post up on the forum, maybe we can get some other members to come along. I will confrim on the Friday of (17th), as the only thing that will prevent me from riding to LA if there is snow, I'll ride in the rain.

I'll PM my cell as the date gets closer.

thejuice

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be there Sunday the 19th. The official website says there are coupons at local dealerships if you aren't going to purchase tix online.

Redback

Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody going to the show in Long Beach, CA this year? I missed last year and would like to make it up to the event this year. It's the 17th-19th this month.

I'm hoping that Honda has a CB1000R to show off. :thumbup:

lucky bugger bit far for me :D would be great if ya post some pics :thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope the weather will cooperate, I'm planning to head out of Vegas early Friday Morning. I'm planning to take Ojai Hwy starting up from Frazier Park ontop of the Grapevine. Probably will shack up at the Woodland Hills Marriott as I usually do.

So when and where are we meeting up on Saturday?

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My plan is to ride up Saturday morning and check out some bikes at the show, then get some food around lunchtime. I'm up for meeting up with anyone who would like to! I don't know the area, so I'm not sure about places to eat.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, it's suppose to freaking poor this weekend, I am seriously thinking that riding to LA isn't really the smartest thing to do.

Undecided...

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The rain starts tomorrow and keeps going throughout the weekend...a storm's rolling through. A buddy and I are caging up to the show for sure. He's in the market for a new bike and wants to see what's on the plate.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Right on, next time you're out this way we should get a group together for a ride!

The weather sucks here too at the moment.

Aray

Reaction score
Visit site
Pouring rain all weekend, drove up to the show. Not as big from previous years from what I understand. BMW RR1000 is sick. FZ8, was disappointed. Ducati had new Diavel, Great merchandise sales especially SIDI boots. Also Twisted Throttle had one of the largest vendor spots with a ton of cool stuff.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got home...weather sucked!

Here's a few photos from the phone...not the best quality, sorry. I had to be quick to get the pics before someone stepped in front of the camera.

The FZ8 was disappointing, in my opinion. It just doesn't seem as well-made, compared to the FZ1 sitting next to it, or our venerable FZ6's. They had 2 FZ8's...one had had some aftermarket parts on it, like the radiator screen and wind screen.

fz8-1.jpg

fz8-3.jpg

fz8-4.jpg

The new Speed Triple was impressive.

st-1.jpg

st-2.jpg

Z1000 - looks nice, bit too much plastic.

z1000.jpg

z1000-2.jpg

Me on a BMW S1000RR

bmw.jpg

Honda CB1000R - Andz is right, it's smaller in person!

cb1-1.jpg

cb1-2.jpg

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ6 has some budget-type parts on it but is still decent enough.

The FZ8 I was actually impressed with, as with the FZ1 for parts/build quality.