Problem with VS-2 install

wlay00

Reaction score
Visit site
I have everything wired and it works great on the vs-2 kit. The problem is I mounted the headlight to the stay with the two side bolts and grommets, but you can still move the headlight up and down. It says on the instructions that they're should be a third one on the left at the bottom and their's not. WTF? HELLLP plz!!!!

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
There is a bracket supplied with the kit that screws onto the bottom of the headlight and then bolts down to the lower mount with a nut.

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The bracket should be in the plastic bag with the windshield stay. This is how it looks like. If you dont find it let me know and I will ship you a new one. Sorry for the inconvenience.

38917d1319547853-vs-2-installation-dscn1181.jpg

38916d1319547853-vs-2-installation-dscn1166.jpg

subaron

Reaction score
Visit site
The bracket should be in the plastic bag with the windshield stay. This is how it looks like. If you dont find it let me know and I will ship you a new one. Sorry for the inconvenience.

38917d1319547853-vs-2-installation-dscn1181.jpg

38916d1319547853-vs-2-installation-dscn1166.jpg

Did you haberdashery fz6 with the round speeding. If so how did you get it to not partially cover the ignition ?

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
As per my preivous reply, try different mounting locations on the mounting plate. Vishnu has different holes that will accomodate both the old and new style speedo and there should be no overlap issues with the ignition.

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site
As per my preivous reply, try different mounting locations on the mounting plate. Vishnu has different holes that will accomodate both the old and new style speedo and there should be no overlap issues with the ignition.

also when you bolt it on you can rotate it slightly, as the mounting holes are bigger than needed

subaron

Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks for this. I actually ended up creating my own mounting bracket from scratch. Reason being I needed extra space to add a couple toggle switches (one is for grip heater/warmer).