Pretty cool prank

H

HavBlue

How much damage does that do?

When the vehicle is put in reverse it triggers the lamp and because the drops of gas have evaporated it causes a very quick flash fire that blows out the bulb with a bang but doesn't hurt the taillamp lens. Remember, we're talking small drops here as we are trying to make a lot of noise without damaging anything other than the bulb.

Now, you want a really big bang try a spark plug sealed in a 1 gallon anti-freeze bottle cap that is wired to the coil. The bottle is filled with 1-2psi of Acetylene oxygen and it can be rested in the wheel well. When the ignition turns the engine over "big boom" and old Harry, rest his soul, pissed his pants "literally" on that one. Harry was a prankster himself and trust me, he gave as good as he got.

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
methinks I should gave kept the string prank to my self

I accept no responsibility for hospital / lawyer bills.
:rolleyes:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When the vehicle is put in reverse it triggers the lamp and because the drops of gas have evaporated it causes a very quick flash fire that blows out the bulb with a bang but doesn't hurt the taillamp lens. Remember, we're talking small drops here as we are trying to make a lot of noise without damaging anything other than the bulb.

Now, you want a really big bang try a spark plug sealed in a 1 gallon anti-freeze bottle cap that is wired to the coil. The bottle is filled with 1-2psi of Acetylene oxygen and it can be rested in the wheel well. When the ignition turns the engine over "big boom" and old Harry, rest his soul, pissed his pants "literally" on that one. Harry was a prankster himself and trust me, he gave as good as he got.
Effing hell, I would not like to pi$$ you or poor old Harry off. Thats what I call a prank. I hope that this prank wasn't the cause of old Harry's demise?

H

HavBlue

Effing hell, I would not like to pi$$ you or poor old Harry off. Thats what I call a prank. I hope that this prank wasn't the cause of old Harry's demise?

Let me tell ya about Harry. In the 70's I worked for Chevrolet and Harry was the service manager. harry came from trucking (a driver). He told a story of taking some girder beams from southern California to the north. Apparently he didn't like the position of the load so he went around to the rear of the large building and went to fix the loads position on the flat bed trailer. He literally backed the load into the wall. The first time moved the load forward but not far enough. The second time did the tricj but it also punched a hole in the wall that was about 8' in diameter. Harry quickly got the hell out of there and came back 4 days later. When he asked the security guard how things were going the guard told him about this big hole in the building. Of course Harry simply asked what happened and the guard said he hadn't been able to figure it out.

Harry was fun to be around and the guy was a real prankster. One night while at the dealer one of the other techs went to start his car and no problem. The guy got about 2 miles down the road and the car started smoking real bad. Harry had taken a vacuum line off the TVS intake side and placed it in a pint bottle of ATF. When the engine warmed up and the TVS opened and the intake started sucking up the ATF. That thing started smoking real bad as if the engine had flat blown up. This single event started all kinds of pranks. Harry died of lung cancer about 10 years later. You should have been there the day Harry hooked shop air up to a BB gun that was supposed to work on a bottle of air like freon. That thing went through a box of BB's so fast it looked like a copper wire feeder and he took out about 4 rows of neon lights. Fun, yes but what a mess to clean up.....